• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheel decision help

Dirt700

Getting ready to get some stickies and wheels for my "dirty habits" buggy.
Since stickies are so dang high I'm try to find the best deal on beadlocks. I can get steel wheels for about $300 and get some weld on rings for about $275, and doing that I can have custom ones made that says dirty habits, which is kinda what I want.
Or
Trailworthy fab for $250 a wheel with no inserts or anything extra. Might get lucky and find a used set.
Or
I remember seeing a thread on here that someone had trail ready single beadlocks for like $250 a wheel.

Any input would be appreciated

Stickies sx's are a big heavy ass tire, and weld ons are a big heavy ass wheel, and all them are well, stickies. That's a lot of rotating mass to start, stop and control. I personally like to run as light a wheel as possible (then I completely negated that gain by filling my fronts w water on my new buggy).

How bout some forged aluminum wheels and stauns... There's a used set if 17" stauns in the 4x4 for sale section.

mckeddie said:
Stickies sx's are a big heavy ass tire, and weld ons are a big heavy ass wheel, and all them are well, stickies. That's a lot of rotating mass to start, stop and control. I personally like to run as light a wheel as possible (then I completely negated that gain by filling my fronts w water on my new buggy).
Yea I would like to keep it light, but seems like I remember reading that trail readys ain't much lighter because of how thick they are. I bet that water weighs alot

gottagofast said:
How bout some forged aluminum wheels and stauns... There's a used set if 17" stauns in the 4x4 for sale section.
I went back 15 pages and didn't see them. I might have missed them, I will look again later

Jduck said:
43s on h1s to 43s on racelines shaved 50lb a corner.
That's pretty good, I would love to run across some used racelines, I might end up forking out the cash for some new ones. I need to find weight on pro comp steels, and do a comparison, because I still like the idea of custom rock rings also.

Dirt700 said:
That's pretty good, I would love to run across some used racelines, I might end up forking out the cash for some new ones. I need to find weight on pro comp steels, and do a comparison, because I still like the idea of custom rock rings also.

Goforth has the best price on aluminum ones. They weren't too much more by the time you buy wheels, weld on kit, hardware and whatever you value your time to weld up and hassle of putting them together.

Jduck said:
Goforth has the best price on aluminum ones. They weren't too much more by the time you buy wheels, weld on kit, hardware and whatever you value your time to weld up and hassle of putting them together.
I will give him a call next week, thanks for the help jduck