• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheel Spacers Good Idea?

cadpwrdyj

Hey folks due to my anxiousness in slapping the Heep together, I bought some 8" TR wheels that were like new and alot cheaper than new. I forgot to take into account that now my tires are going to be closer to my rear air shocks. What do you think be an about running wheel spacers for the rear and how much is to much? My front is plenty wider than the rear, so thats not an issue. I have just read great things and horrible things about them. Just thought that may easy fix for my probs...Any input??? Thx

Edit: wrong place can a mod move this to tech...

As long as they are quality bolt on aluminum ones, (like spidertrax) for example, I wouldnt hesitate to run them, only thing is, you have to tourque them I think farily often. Personally I would blue locktite em, and torque them, then Peel the **** out thumb.gif

I am currently running them with 1 tons and 44's and have no problems. Get the good billet models like from Spidertrax and they state to locktite and check regularly. no problems. thumb.gif

X2 on what has been said... I've ran them and so did Miles to offset stock H1 wheels ( heavy shits... ) and not had issues

Thanks...thats what I wanted to hear. Easy fix to one of my lil bugs from its first lil trip. Now to knock out the 99 other things.

I run 'em on my DD with no problems so far. Had 'em on when I first got the rig for 5,000 miles or more before I even checked the spacers.

I threw the Spidertrax wheel spacers on about 5 or 6 years ago now on the rear of my YJ. I have never touched them since the day I put them on. All I did was put locktite on them. That Jeep has been through the mill and back from road miles to competing in the stock class.