• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wheel spacers

Chevyjoe

wonderin what the correct size of wheel spacer i will need so my hummers clear the brakes and fit as tucked in under the fender as possible? they are goin on a d44 (until i can afford a 60) and 14 bolt under an 86 chevy shortbox. also, wheres the cheapest place i could find these spacers? thanks in advance

For the front, you need whatever the WMS to WMS difference is between your D44 and a DRW D60. For the rear, it depends if you want to keep the track width skinnier than the front as they are stock, or if you want to try and match the WMS to WMS as the front.

Get out your tape measure and check it out...

I don't remember exactly as it has been a while since I was around Chevy ****, but...

Your D44 should be around 69.5"
I THINK a DRW D60 is around 76.5"????

If that is correct, you would need about 3.5" per side on the front, and go w/ 4" per side on the rear as your rear is already skinnier.

FYI... 8 lug wheel spacers in the 3.5-4" variety are not cheap... probably not saving THAT much money over finding a set of DRW axles (D60 & D70) and selling your current axles... you will probably come out about the same in the end.

I haven't done it (YET, but I will be soon), and my understanding is you only need a 2" spacer to clear the brakes on a Kingpin 60 with H1's. D44 brakes are smaller.

I haven't done it (YET, but I will be soon), and my understanding is you only need a 2" spacer to clear the brakes on a Kingpin 60 with H1's. D44 brakes are smaller.

I think you might be right, but if he is putting these under his fullsize, I was figuring he wanted to keep about the same track width.

yes, i would like the trackwidth to be as close to stock as possible as it is a fullsize and will also be daily driven till college. i was thinkin about running drw hubs on the 14 bolt and then spacers on the front 44 for the time being. just dont know how big of spacers to get for the front to match the rear or be a little wider like stock

yes, i would like the trackwidth to be as close to stock as possible as it is a fullsize and will also be daily driven till college. i was thinkin about running drw hubs on the 14 bolt and then spacers on the front 44 for the time being. just dont know how big of spacers to get for the front to match the rear or be a little wider like stock

buy some pressed centers off pirate and weld them in. then you dont have to worry about the deathtrap that is wheel spacers.

how much do those usually run and wheres a good place to have them welded in as i dont trust myself to weld them in straight

H1's will fit on a D44 front without spacers. You'll need special high-steer arms and cut the stock tie-rod arms off.

However it might look dumb since your axle is 69" wide and came stock with something like 4" BS rims. So going to 7" BS's going to suck them WAY in.

3" spacers (pretty common) would match original, and require no special steering. 2" spacers would work fine, this would be similar to guys running H2 rims (5" BS), and they typically look pretty good.

1.5" spacer are pretty much the minimum required to retain the stock tie-rod arms, I'm running 2" spacers with a Dodge width front D60 (or atleast I will be), going to put me at about 81-82" bulge to bulge with a 14" wide tire. Perfect in my book. A Dodge 60 is ~67" wider vs a Chevy 60 at ~69" (same as D44). Your rear 14B is 67", a dually hub unit would be about 63".

I got my spacers from www.ezaccessory.com and they seem to be pretty nice. Good price on lug nuts etc.

that help any?

thanks a ton man. i clicked the link you left and i couldnt find the 2in spacers you got from them on there? also, do you happen to know by chance anybody sellin 2 or 3in 8 lug spacers? thanks