• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheelbase and Suspension?

Bronco Buster

What wheelbase works what don't? I have just purchased a project and the current wheelbase is 131". I think that is too long but was wanting others opinions. It is currently leaf sprung front and rear. My plan is to leave the front and link and XJ coil the rear. How many are running a similar setup how does it work?

Any input on this will be appreciated good or bad. This is my first build of anything like this. I am building it to be a capable trail rig not a full on crawler.

Trail rigs seem better 108 to 115. And the leafs and coils work great just make sure to not put the shackles in the back or your going to bend some springs.

DAMN..........146"......... :eek: :eek: :eek:...........REALLY :dunno:

Anything over 115" and :gtfo:

146"..........WOW.......at least you got it on 47,s and steerin at both ends ;D

Ill get some pics for ya its a landcruiser cut off at the back of the front doors with the front axle at the front of the frame and the rear axle at the rear with an inected cobra 302 4 speed and two cases linked its got 3 feet of belly clearance with an exo cage turning into the rear cage she's a big bitch :****:

23" under the frame and no longer than 115 and she would be good, that sucker should feel freaky on off camber stuff

131" seems a little long to me. I'm running 111" with about 21" belly on new 38.5SX's and 5psi. The WB is great, but she feels the slightest bit low. With some 42's I think it would be just right.

You need to just go ahead and put a tube frame under the cherokee and then upgrade to some 1 ton axles :****:

That damn thing 131 wheelbase thing just gone be to HEAVY, besides were the kids gonna ride man :dunno:

Just remember LIGHTER IS BETTER :****:

zukiscott said:
You need to just go ahead and put a tube frame under the cherokee and then upgrade to some 1 ton axles :****:

That damn thing 131 wheelbase thing just gone be to HEAVY, besides were the kids gonna ride man :dunno:

Just remember LIGHTER IS BETTER :****:

She is gonna put a cage in the XJ and some 1/2 tons,

I am gonna change the wheel base (thinking about 125") and try to get it to weigh in between 2500 and 3000# The kids are still gonna ride in the Cherokee. It is a good start and an ok platform and the price was right I could part itout and get my $ back easy.