• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheelin' 11-29-08 w/ a small accident...

Poohbair

Pabst O'Holic
Didn't get too many pics, but here are the rigs that went and a few trail pics...

11-29-30.JPG

11-29-30_1_.JPG

11-29-30_2_.JPG

11-29-30_3_.JPG

11-29-30_4_.JPG

11-29-30_5_.JPG

11-29-30_6_.JPG

11-29-30_8_.JPG

11-29-30_14_.JPG

11-29-30_12_.JPG

11-29-30_9_.JPG

11-29-30_16_.JPG

11-29-30_22_.JPG

11-29-30_17_.JPG

THEN...

Toyota truck was climbed the hill, Jordan in the grey Runner went up, got near the top, went to back up... and OH ****...NO BRAKES!!!!! He came backwards at a fair rate of speed, off the trail, thru a batch of trees, airborne, then probably got cooking about 35mph, and cooned a real big tree and came to an INSTANT stop. I wasn't even in his truck, but it scared the **** out of me! After a while, finally got it to where it had a LITTLE brakes, and he drove it back out of the trail.

The damage is way worse than it looks in these pics. It hit RIGHT on the end of the frame rail. Hard to tell up on the trail if it bent the frame or not, but i am sure he will be able to figure it out when he gets it home. Brad was going back up w/ the truck and trailer to bring it home for him.

Fortunately he didn't get hurt, but I am sure that he is going to be a little sore tomorrow...and thankefully he had high back buckets and kept his head straight when he hit.

I think he is still trying to get his heart to slow down a little bit in this pic...

11-29-30_23_.JPG

11-29-30_24_.JPG

11-29-30_25_.JPG

11-29-30_29_.JPG

11-29-30_28_.JPG

And this is up at the top of the mountain... we were hoping for alot of snow, but not much.

11-29-30_33_.JPG

Not sure... they didn't have any fluid in them, but he said that a day or 2 before that he had bled them and filled them up. Best guess is that the master took a ****, and was dumping the fluid into the booster as we could see where fluid was leaking out of the booster

good pictures, glad no one got hurt, bet that scared the crap out of that guy..

ya, it wasnt much fun. the runners gonna be parked for a while until i replace the whole brake system. hey pooh did you get any pictures of the tree that i broke?

good pictures, glad no one got hurt, bet that scared the crap out of that guy..

X2!
Wheelin' accidents suck, but no injuries make for good stories for years to come.
Plus this is how them 'otas become tubed truggies ...one panel at a time :awesomework:

Well I had a nice time with the fam. Nice pics, glad you had fun Pooh. Where was Rudy?

Didn't show up in time. I told everyone we were leaving at 8am. We waited around until about 8:30 and they didn't show, so we took off. I saw them in the afternoon... Rudy had his truck, and there were a bunch of Quads w/ him.

Scary ****. Glad Jordan is alright, could have ended ugly.

I woke up at 6:30 to go up with you guys, and went back to sleep at 7:00:flipoff: Next time...

i had that happen to me one time in my back yard and in a blazer but i jumped out it was rolling much slower though and it went off into the woods and hit a tree