• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wheelin off highway 2

Yup--as I said 6320 is open for travel :awesomework:

So, I guess the question here is, would/could my basically stock 4x4 Dakota make it there?

Sounds like a fun area to go for a hike after you get as far as you can drive, and I know my wife would be all up for that.

The more I modify my vehicle, the more I miss the blissful days of wheeling stockers. Seriously.
These maps are not good. Very confusing. More armchair conservationists dictating where I can drive my vehicle in an area I have been visiting for three decades now. So much red tape and spin factor. Don't get me started on the Wild Sky, just another area that was taylored into wilderness. Hell, my dad used to drive his Challenger on one of the roads that is now classified as wilderness.
In fact, my dad used to drive his 4x2 Chevy pickup and even a Rambler on a lot of "nasty" trails in this area, back when they were just roads, long before they were closed down because of "misuse of resources." (Just to have a logging company come in and strip the hillside in the name of money to the state. (BTW, I have no problem with logging))
I am all for having a map to tell people what is ok, and what is not. Please do not omit the illegal roads. I am not trying to say that I have a right to "go anywhere I please." But, hell, a hard working, stand-up person can't even take his/her family out for a drive to destress without worrying if they are going to be ticketed.
We are soon going to be like Europe... Not good.
You know, I may just sell my rig, stay home, become bored, use drugs to feel free, teach my kids the same thing, lose my job from not giving a damn about anything, live off the state, pay less in taxes, get free healthcare, and let the people that care enough about life to go out and enjoy this great land get tickets and worry about feeding my fat ass. Obama will be happy.

So, I guess the question here is, would/could my basically stock 4x4 Dakota make it there?

Sounds like a fun area to go for a hike after you get as far as you can drive, and I know my wife would be all up for that.

It is before where the road is closed and the Red Cherokee was abandoned in the river.

I have not been up the road, so I can not comment on how your Dakota would do on it.

Well, I'm disappointed. I drove all the way up to the new river bed and never saw the FS 6320.

Reminder: TAKE THE DAMN MAP! And highlight where you want to go!

Got out and took a picture of Debbie by the new river bed. She was amazed by the power of the river to take back what man has built. River running fast and clear and the water was kinda warm too. Beautiful area up there.

Still, a nice drive up there.

Stopped at the Mountain View Inn in Gold Bar for dinner. Yummmmmy!

Saw Crash driving back from Walker. He must not have broken anything on the truggy....

Latest posts