• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where is the best place to get DOM tube in B'ham area?

Boosted Josh

Anyone got any suggestions as to where the best place to get 1.75" 0.95 wall DOM in the Birmingham area?

I got pricing from BESCO and they wanted $4.38 a foot for a 100' order. That price seems at least a $1 too high.

I appreciate any suggestions.

GaWag said:
Contact ryerson steel.

I'll have to call them and see if they can get 0.095 wall. I checked online and they didn't list it but they did have 0.120. I did get an online quote for 0.120 wall at $4.32 a foot.

This is for a cage for a SxS so I'd don't really want 0.120 wall.

Besco .120 wall DOM is $73ish per 21-22' stick.
There .095 is more cause its not common size for them so they dont get the price breaks etc.

rocfun said:
Besco .120 wall DOM is $73ish per 21-22' stick.
There .095 is more cause its not common size for them so they dont get the price breaks etc.

I started to realize that 0.095 isn't nearly as common as 0.120 as I called around today. I also realized that I have to use 0.095 because I can't find anyone that makes bungs for a Yamaha YXZ for any size other than 0.095.

A buddy of mine told me to go to Miller Steel in Anniston. But by the time I figure in the gas and time to drive out there I'm not sure the savings are worth it.

I bet if your real handy you could grind/sand/turn (or probably just stare at it long enough) the .025" to fit the bung in .120 wall tube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
I bet if your real handy you could grind/sand/turn (or probably just stare at it long enough) the .025" to fit the bung in .120 wall tube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably could give it the stink eye hard enough to whittle off the 1/16" difference.