• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where to buy Aluminum wheels? 17" 6x5.5

AW10

Made a post a while ago about race line wheels. Thought the steel wheels were lighter... I'm an idiot and was looking at the wrong size. Thought I was just going to buy plain steel wheels but... Not now.

In the market for some 17" bead locks. I don't have a lot of HP so I need a super light set up that won't break the bank. Thinking of going aluminum wheels with inner air locks and welding an alum rock ring on the wheel for support. Heard Alcoa makes some good ones but I called them and they don't make 6x5.5 anymore.

Anyone know where I can get some that are decently strong and around $100 or less per wheel? If you have some let me know and we can do some talking.

Also if this is a bad idea and you know a better way without buying $300+ alum bead locks and can keep it light let me know.

This style seems to be plentiful. What if you picked up a set cheap and had a beadlock added?

wheels004.jpg

FIXED IT. SORRY. :ban:

I had a guy try to sell me those a while back and I turned him down.... Should have gotten them. Pro comp has a set that looks like them for around 150.

The wheel is 24 and the lock is 7 I think. 30lbs for a double bead lock. would be 550ish for air locks and 600ish for wheels. That's 600ish cheaper than the race line monsters and its a double bead lock. Rated at 2500 lbs while the monster is at 3300 but so light and not a rock bouncer I think I'd be done with that.

I guess I could find some in a junk yard but good luck finding a 17" for a yota.

Re: Re: Where to buy Aluminum wheels? 17" 6x5.5

I'd run steel wheels a thin rock ring and inner air locks for a cheap light setup.

It's hard to find junkyard 17s that don't have a ton of backspacing.

Nissan Frontier/Xterrra would be your best bet

Actually, xterra/frontier wheels are something like 4.75" BS.

I also know from experience that whatever alloy they use is heavy for an aluminum wheel. They wouldn't be any lighter than a cheap steel wheel.

We sell a lot of Trail Ready wheels. They can also take your aluminum wheels and convert them to beadlocks. I've seen some pretty cool uncommon conversions.
Thanks,
Bobby
Sales Manager
CCOR
706-207-4140

I like the look of those wheels but they bend easy. I did this at hpo a few weekends ago.

100_0303_zpsb1001ed5.jpg

What is this inner air lock you speak of? :dunno:

If I get them I'm definitely going to put rock rings on them. Hopefully that would help that problem out. Only crap thing is they come in 4.75" back spacing. I'd like it to stick out a little further than that. Hard to argue with a wheel that's double bead lock and weighs about 31 pounds... With the rock ring on.