• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Aluminum beadlock repair?

StephenPH

Cracked a method beadlock last trip. Has anyone had luck getting one repaired or repairing it yourself? I can tig aluminum but don't have much experience with cast. Or should I toss this unit in the trash?

perhaps after the repair I could reinforce the inner lip with a rock ring of sorts

Attachments

• F8BDAAFC-7D4D-48A2-95F4-84F10F6A4922.jpeg
    F8BDAAFC-7D4D-48A2-95F4-84F10F6A4922.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 241
  • 9DC60A1B-22CF-40BB-B405-6760CEAB077C.jpeg
    9DC60A1B-22CF-40BB-B405-6760CEAB077C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 180
I can't tell from the pic. Is it cracked all the way from the lip down the wheel or is that water running down from the crack?

That is tire slime running out. The crack is only about 3" long that I can see. We filled it full of tire slime bc we were at wind rock and didn't feel driving 45 minutes to get the spare

It can be welded easily, clean really good use deburring tool ,wire wheel, clean with acetone, heat with a rose bud carefully, bend back out with a porta power and 2x4 block for a base ,tack real good and go to town

I have had some good luck having my Racelines repaired by a shop down here in Birmingham area. They have repaired cracks and bends no problem.

I would just add, if you can see where the end of the crack is going I personally would drill it a half inch farther than you can visually see it to keep the crack from trying to propagate. When you try to bend it back I'm sure it will try. After that, I would grind a V in both sides until they touched and like Eddie said clean it like crazy before the tig. I am running Methods too.

Thanks for the help/ good news on the wheel. I'm gonna get this unit dismounted and cleaned up before I decide to tackle it myself or let red94yj handle it.