• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

which dana 60 axle u joints to buy

Re: dana 60 axle u joints

I would have to say the ctms are the best for the $$ cause there only like $20 a piece more expensive than super joints. Problem is for somebody like me is I have to run super joints in my yukons to get the warranty.

I run CTMs. I have no experience with Ouversons, but just basing on what I've heard from a lot of people they would probably be my second choice.

Forged greasable Spicers ;)

I thought I was told once that Yukon would honor a warranty if you ran the Forged Spicers in their axles? Maybe I just heard what I think I wanted to hear?

Re:

That's kind of what I was told. Break one and they'll hook ya up, keep breaking them and you're out.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

My buggy has broken several Yukon stubs on forged Spicer joints. Most recently on little 37s driving it like I stole it.

I didn't want to drop the coin for RCVs yet so I got CTMs and ECGS USA-made stubs. Damn near half the price of RCVs but it should move the weak point back to the gearset (5.38s in a low pinion 60). I initially ordered the Nitros, but put my endurance racing in the comments on my order, and got a call back pointing me to the Yukons or CTMs. The Nitros have a problem with galling. I can't have that when I run 30-100 miles at a time at speed.

Yukon super joints Nate.. 400 bucks a pair at ECGS.. The Spicers are tough but them bitches break. When they do you usually mess up the ears on your shafts cause there breaking under a load. Yukon will warranty your first break no questions asked but, will give you some **** after that. Reason being when they see broke ears they know technically their shaft didn`t fail your joint did. Which makes sense really. I wouldn`t want to be replacing my broke shafts because someone used a cheaper joint that failed.

Thanks fellas. my shafts are yukons so i think thats the route im gonna go. Yeah the spicers are good on bald 42s but with the 44s they exploded and it got inner and outer shafts. I was fixing to put it back together with another spicer last night and decided to go ahead and solve the problem with some good quality u joints. Once again thanks fellas see yall on the trail soon.

Re:

I think if I ever switch over to a needleless U-joint I think I would get the one that has only one zerk fitting. I didn't like the way the Dana 44 Yukons I had were in the caps.

Re:

tonybolton said:
I think if I ever switch over to a needleless U-joint I think I would get the one that has only one zerk fitting. I didn't like the way the Dana 44 Yukons I had were in the caps.

I was surprised that no one had mentioned that yet. I would think that greasing 4 in each joint would get super-annoying super-fast. Especially in a rear-steer rig.

What say ya'l about running aftermarket joints in OEM shafts?

Re: Re:

patooyee said:
What say ya'l about running aftermarket joints in OEM shafts?

I wouldn't run a needle less joint in stock shafts but I don't see a problem running a forged Spicer in stock shafts.

Did that in my d30 days....always busted shafts not joints.

truckbroke said:
Yukon super joints Nate.. 400 bucks a pair at ECGS.. The Spicers are tough but them bitches break. When they do you usually mess up the ears on your shafts cause there breaking under a load. Yukon will warranty your first break no questions asked but, will give you some **** after that. Reason being when they see broke ears they know technically their shaft didn`t fail your joint did. Which makes sense really. I wouldn`t want to be replacing my broke shafts because someone used a cheaper joint that failed.

That's what I'm running, 43 stickies, mild built big block,, no issues so far