• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

which diy bedliner kit to buy?

Morton's bedliner. Get it at Sherwin Williams. Used it to coat my 81. It's a catalyzed liner that wont peel when solvents or oil get spilled on it. It also wont fade much when exposed to light. 8 Years on my rig, and it still looks brand new. I think Bobby Long has the same stuff on his Misfit rig. It was about $155 for the kit and a good gun. Don't get Herculiner... that stuff peels off too easy.

Hippo Liner. You can get it at wesco. It was IIRC, about $60 for the two quart cans that you mix together. It's an epoxy and the **** is THICK. :cool:

I used herculiner all over the inside and outside of my samurai, if you do the prep work right it won't peel off. I have only been able to scratch it. since i am doing body work now after laying the rig on its side, i am having to use a heat gun to soften the OEM paint underneath and scrapping it off with a razor blade. It gums up the wire wheels and paint stripper wheels. I will say that when I redo it after I am done with the body work I am going to apply the uv coating because the stuff does start to breack down after a few years in the sun.

Same for the Duplicolor stuff if you actually plan on using the bed for hauling stuff. Honestly, it's held up better than I expected, but it's fairly brittle, so it chips off with a decent impact. And brake fluid melts it.

For like $50 total, it's still not a bad deal, especially since you can do touch-ups with a $7 spray bomb can. I did the interior of the cruiser with it because it finishes smoother than herculiner and I didn't want the whole interior rough. Instead, it's snot-slick when wet :mad:. Oh well.

That Duplicolor stuff is trash, I tried everything to get it to stick and it just kept peeling off.

I used sand paper, alcohol, scotchbrite but nothing seemed to make a difference.

That Duplicolor stuff is trash, I tried everything to get it to stick and it just kept peeling off.

I used sand paper, alcohol, scotchbrite but nothing seemed to make a difference.

I have a dulicolor spray gun, prepped the jeep tub real well , and sprayed 4 coats on it letting it set up after each application, and it has held up fine for 2 years. I believe if it's prepped right, applied in the right temp, and has more then one coat they hold up just fine. Just my .02 though, i might have just gotten lucky who knows.

I have a dulicolor spray gun, prepped the jeep tub real well , and sprayed 4 coats on it letting it set up after each application, and it has held up fine for 2 years. I believe if it's prepped right, applied in the right temp, and has more then one coat they hold up just fine. Just my .02 though, i might have just gotten lucky who knows.

For the most part, mine has held up just fine. I threw some leaf spring packs in the back of the tub once though, and they slid around and scratched it off in a few places. And when my brake master puked all over the driver's footwell, it turned to a goopy mess that never hardened again.

I'd say it's fine for the interior of a tub, but it's not up to the task of protecting a truck bed.