• Marlin Crawler 8"

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Trail Gear 10"

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Inch worm 12"

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Drill, tap and put in a zerk :awesomework:
its already got one. but..without a cap, the grease pumps right out the end:looser:
i dont know if it was SUPPOSED to have one, and they forgot it. or they normally come without.:eeek:

but it HAS to be there, or you cant grease the splines.

PITA to change the U-joints too with them welded in, if theyre still doing that. Once you change it, you have to weld the new one in too since the fit isnt a tight enough press fit, which is why they did that. Just FYI.

I went with Marlin (same as All-Pros), and its working so far. Nice quality press fit joint too. The Marlin/All-Pro unit doesnt even come with a zerk fitting for the splines. Most people that I asked about it said they just grease them from the outside, or take it apart and do it. I run mine without the dust shield thing and just grease it from the outside.

~T.J.

i'll check them again, but im pretty sure they arent welded in.

they must be doing things different. the quality looks very good. nice good fit on the splines, minimal play. once greased i expect them to be tight!

Trail-gear is garbage for their long travel I had one fly apart, Coop went through two of them. Coop's splines twisted. When you get it look at the ceappy machined spilne which have sloppy clearances. The Marlin is way better.

I bent my Marlin slip within 2 trips right where it necks down and then gets big to mate to the tube.

I bought the big course 10 spline stuff and some Female couplings from Hi Angle and beated the hell out of them ever since.

i just checked it, its def not welded. it looks to be a very nice, strong piece, and has full circlips. ALOT heavier than the OE stuff.

i'll be putting it on tonight:cheer:

question...i havent checked..but does anyone know if the OE cap will work with the TG DL?

if not, what are you using to cap the end? im sure i can make a cap, but if theres something out there that works, or the OE stuff works, thatd be alot easier.

Sounds good, they must have changed it, thats awesome.

~T.J.

EDIT: Just went to their site. They are in fact advertising them as being held in with clips now. You can see the old tack welds on the far right U-Joint caps in this picture from their site under the new pictures

tg2006-5529.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds good, they must have changed it, thats awesome.

~T.J.

EDIT: Just went to their site. They are in fact advertising them as being held in with clips now. You can see the old tack welds on the far right U-Joint caps in this picture from their site under the new pictures

tg2006-5529.jpg
i see that. yeh, mine has nothing like that.

its really irritating it doesnt come capped tho. but yet they put a zerk right at the end of the tube...thats ****ing retarded.

i see that. yeh, mine has nothing like that.

its really irritating it doesnt come capped tho. but yet they put a zerk right at the end of the tube...thats ****ing retarded.
Call them and ask...maybe the cap just was left out of yours?

Can't ya just get a freeze plug to fill the hole? Tack or peen it into place......
thats a great idea. i think i can probably make something like that work.:awesomework:

the yoke on that side is long, so id have no problem putting a cap in there, and welding it in place.