• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which tires to buy?

first off you dont need a 10 ply tire...if its dakota....if your only driving in the snow and on the pavement.....spend a little money buy something good ....you get what you pay for......I have ran the bfg AT they are a good all around tire .......I have also ran toyo AT's they are also a great tire......also remember if you buy your tires from costco, discount and les schwab they all have great warranties..free flats ,rotates, and other things ,,. I would not recommend buy mail order on tires....and sipe them, if your a easy on the skinny pedal they will not chunk out....... I worked at les schwab for about 6 years....I buy most of my tires from discount now because les schwab are expensive to by BFG tires there ......when I worked for schwab I ran there tires cuz we got them at cost :flipoff:.................hope my rambling helps...

Easy on the skinny pedal? Whats that?

I have installed a K&N Hi airflow filter, bored out throttle body, and a Flowmaster 40 Series into dual exhaust.

I have run sipped tires before. What a waste. They slid and slipped all the time. And that was on a front wheel drive van.

The main thing about the tires is traction and height. I got stuck twice last year because the snow built up under the front end and the tires I had/have had about as much grip as butter on a greased pole. granted, if I do get stuck, I can most likely winch myself out now. As long as I can open the door...

Easy on the skinny pedal? Whats that?

I have installed a K&N Hi airflow filter, bored out throttle body, and a Flowmaster 40 Series into dual exhaust.

I have run sipped tires before. What a waste. They slid and slipped all the time. And that was on a front wheel drive van.

The main thing about the tires is traction and height. I got stuck twice last year because the snow built up under the front end and the tires I had/have had about as much grip as butter on a greased pole. granted, if I do get stuck, I can most likely winch myself out now. As long as I can open the door...

skinny pedal = gas pedal..........and I think you dont know about siping.. it works good........lots of off road guys sipe there tires....scott frary sipes the tires on his Detroit locker jeep.......I have siped a set for him .... I also have driven the Detroit locker jeep :fawkdancesmiley:..... and if you bought the BFG ATs I would not sipe that tire it has a good factory sipe...........siping makes a all season tire similar to a studless snow tire........look at how much factory siping a studless snow tire has .......

skinny pedal = gas pedal..........and I think you dont know about siping.. it works good........lots of off road guys sipe there tires....scott frary sipes the tires on his Detroit locker jeep.......I have siped a set for him .... I also have driven the Detroit locker jeep :fawkdancesmiley:..... and if you bought the BFG ATs I would not sipe that tire it has a good factory sipe...........siping makes a all season tire similar to a studless snow tire........look at how much factory siping a studless snow tire has .......

I know what the skinny pedal is. I just don't understand 'going easy on it' means. :redneck:

I suppose it really depends on who does the siping, right?

Toyo Brand, on your daily driver?
Thoughts?

I run Toyo's on my 04 Ranger ( M/T's 265/75-16) and I love them! I had them siped and ran them in lots of deep snow last year and this year already as well, and they have not let me down at all. They vibrate a little and have some noise but all in all not all that bad (I also drive the truck every day about 26 miles to work one way). Good tire:awesomework:

tires

I don't think you can beat a toyo m/t or a cooper m/t. The are the same and I have the toyo's on my yota and the coopers on my dodge. They do awesome in the snow and pretty good in the mud. The road noise in min with the type of tire it is. I have taken my yota everywhere on the trail and did some snow wheeling with toyo's before I bought some dedicated snow tires. They are no irok's in the snow but they do very well. The coopers have saved my ass a couple of times on my dodge. I have a 20' jet boat and launch it at times where they were needed and have performed. Been threw some mud getting to places without getting stuck but with my old bfg a/t would have let me down. I have talked to people that have had toyos/coopers and went to a different tire and said they liked the toyos/coopers better for road noise and wish they didn't change. I would buy both tires again! :fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley:

x1000, BFG AT KO. dont worry about siping them, itt will wear them out faster, and they all ready have a extreme winter rating or whatever the studded winter treads have.
KM2s are more suited for the desert imo, but i'll have to try mine siped.

BFG AT/KO.

Anything else is uncivilized.

Maybe one of the Hanook snow treads but those are spendy.

On my street vehicles BFG AT is the ONLY way to go.