• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whistler!

Motodestroyer69

Woot! Woot! :cheer: :cheer:

I finally made it up there and just have no words for it... :D :D :D

.....HOLY COW, that place is awesome!

(no pics, but I'll try to bring some back next weekend, I'm going up there again, weather permitting!)

Ok, it's been brought to my attention that more info is necessary!

I used to ride DH "all the time", but never managed to get my a$$ up there.... then I stopped riding for a few years all together... then I got back into it over the past year, very slowly....
....fast forward to this August, and it was a significant an'versry with the Mister....and we finally made plans to have a "weekend away"...

.....so, we get up there on Friday about 1pm, and hit the slopes by about 2pm....met up with a super nice guy on the first lift ride up who showed us the fun, flowy trails on the lower mountain. We proceeded to "destroy" them for the next 4 hours! We rode ourselves silly on B-line, Crank-It-Up, Heart of Darkness, Ninja Cougar, Devils' Club (where I brainfarted and fell off at the only high point and my wrist still smarts :rolleyes:). We touched a smidge on A-line, Mauler attacked it way harder than I could ever do....

....Next day we hit the slopes by 10am, and after a warm up, head up the Garbanzo Express Lift to the Tipsy-Top (man, that's high! And incidentally, I want NO part of that Peak-To-Peak shenanigans! :puke: that thing looks sketchy, at best!). Anywho....we find our way down Blue Velvet, and it's pretty fun, but then the trails and the trail markers stop talking to each other and it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a decent way down. Well, this was our first time up there, and Mauler didn't want to launch me down a trail with mandatory 4' drops on the first run......so we ended up on Expressway the whole way down :looser:

But we played on that lower mountain until 7pm- we just finished for the day, and then out of the closest bar we heard, "IIIIITTTTT'S TIIIMMMMMEEEE!!" yup, the UFC fights were just starting! But we were sweaty and dirty and exhausted and by the time we got cleaned up and managed to find our way back to that bar, we'd have been standing room only, so we skipped it.

I tried Dirt Merchant only once, and let that first drop get the better of me... :booo: I'm hoping to head back up again on Friday and (weather permitting), will drop into Dirt Merchant! :masturbanana[1]:

I had a blast! Crank It Up but a grin on my face that I still can't wipe away! :D

That is all...
:011::011:

....that is NOT all....

....we got up (and after eating the second EPIC breakfast in a row- anyone ever eated at a restuarant called "Elements"?!) and hit the slopes by 10:30.... we "warmed up" on B-line....then "warmed up" again on B-line....then tried to warm up on Crank-It-Up....then tried to warm up on it again... but alas, the tanks were solidly on EMPTY :eeek: we had nuthin' left..... we were left with a choice, have an EPIC crash....or just pack it in and head home.

We opted to live to ride another day....:cool: (like this weekend! :redneck:)

(ok, I think I'm done now.... well, prolly not!) :cheer:

Been up to whistler twice this season!!!! Its killer been going for about 6 years at least once a season usually try and do two runs

I was up there this last weekend actually, short little read headed kid riding a blue rotec with a monster T on the front

I realize, with a name like "motodestroyer", I have a certain reputation to uphold....:masturbanana[1]:.....however, there's ALL KINDS of fun to be had without a motor...:cheer: :;

ill be over later this week to set you straight. maybe your man will let you take a ride with me on my bad motor scooter

I've only ever ridden Whistler and Blackcomb on a board, and they were very epic times of my life. (all pre surgery and medical restrictions) Oh how I miss snowboarding.

glad you were able to see it in the 'summer' the winter is beautiful, I can only imagine down-hilling it on a bike in the summer.
Oh yea, sweet write up moto.

hey btw, its almost that time for Scandinavian baking factory, think you can make it to the house for a little nww baking class this season?:D

Whistler is off the hook in summer but much better when covered with snow:awesomework:

I have ridden up there but I was by myself so I didn't do any thing to radical but there are some sweet trails for sure but better with snow.

I make a trip or 2 up every winter.

I was up there this last weekend actually, short little read headed kid riding a blue rotec with a monster T on the front

I did not see any "short little read headed kids".....:haha: I bet we passed right by each other 14 times! I was the one going really really fast down the mountain (I did manage to catch a guy or two :; :cheer:)
I was the one with a cherry red Bullit, and paint-splattered pink-and-orange goggles! :redneck:

glad you were able to see it in the 'summer' the winter is beautiful, I can only imagine down-hilling it on a bike in the summer.
Oh yea, sweet write up moto.

hey btw, its almost that time for Scandinavian baking factory, think you can make it to the house for a little nww baking class this season?:D

Well, it's worth the trip in summer (it's minus all the "stress" of winter weather driving conditions :cheer:). But it is awesome riding! :cheer: :cheer:
BTW- I'm looking forward to some nww baking this season! Count me in! :redneck: :D

Whistler is off the hook in summer but much better when covered with snow:awesomework:

hmmmmm......I'm dubious :eeek:

:D

Been up to whistler twice this season!!!! Its killer been going for about 6 years at least once a season usually try and do two runs

DUDE!!! I SAW YOU!! I looked at you for a few seconds and thought "Man...that sure looks like that War-jeeper kid" Damn....wish I woulda said something:looser::D

I did not see any "short little read headed kids".....:haha: I bet we passed right by each other 14 times! I was the one going really really fast down the mountain (I did manage to catch a guy or two :; :cheer:)
I was the one with a cherry red Bullit, and paint-splattered pink-and-orange goggles! :redneck:

Well, it's worth the trip in summer (it's minus all the "stress" of winter weather driving conditions :cheer:). But it is awesome riding! :cheer: :cheer:
BTW- I'm looking forward to some nww baking this season! Count me in! :redneck: :D

hmmmmm......I'm dubious :eeek:

:D

I think i might have seen you for a few seconds just getting on the lift, not too many bullits out there this last weekend lol

O and by the way the entrance to dirt merchant claimed both my dad, and my buddys dad who were with us this weekend. So your not alone on that one its a dusie

DUDE!!! I SAW YOU!! I looked at you for a few seconds and thought "Man...that sure looks like that War-jeeper kid" Damn....wish I woulda said something:looser::D

Shoot Mauler you shoulda come up and said Hi :redneck:, i dont bite i swear:haha:

Last edited:
I think i might have seen you for a few seconds just getting on the lift, not too many bullits out there this last weekend lol

O and by the way the entrance to dirt merchant claimed both my dad, and my buddys dad who were with us this weekend. So your not alone on that one its a dusie

Shoot Mauler you shoulda come up and said Hi :redneck:, i dont bite i swear:haha:

Heather looks like DARK HELMET from Space balls with all her DH gear on.....I often laugh when veiwing her in said outfit:flipoff:

Dirt Merchant:drooling1: Like most people....H is a WAY better rider than she gives herself credit for and if she could turn her brain off and "just" ride she'd be way more of a terror than she already is:011::heartpump::011:

We'll be going back up alot more... your welcome to go with...I just picked up this badboy outa the KONA demo fleet...only ridden a couple times....:011:

2K9_STABSUPREME.jpg

Jonathan, do you ride a Ruckus? ;)

oh, and on Whistler, I've been goin' up there since before it was formally deemed the World's best ski resort. [Anyone remember the waterslide that used to be where the Whistler gondola now takes off out of the village?] In fact my parents like it so much that they've got two properties up there. Interestingly enough my company's COO lives up there 6 months out of the year in an ultra luxurious pad.

There is no better place on the planet in my opinion

Terry

Last edited:
Heather looks like DARK HELMET from Space balls with all her DH gear on.....I often laugh when veiwing her in said outfit:flipoff:

Dirt Merchant:drooling1: Like most people....H is a WAY better rider than she gives herself credit for and if she could turn her brain off and "just" ride she'd be way more of a terror than she already is:011::heartpump::011:

We'll be going back up alot more... your welcome to go with...I just picked up this badboy outa the KONA demo fleet...only ridden a couple times....:011:

2K9_STABSUPREME.jpg

Very nice! Let me know when you guys go riding id love to tag along if i can:awesomework:

Great story! I haven't been to whistler for the last three years. My buddy had to quit riding so I haven't had anyone to go up there with. It's always worth at least two weeks of permagrin.:cool: