• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

White Trash Sanrail

Gonna work in some beefy front bump stops?

I have no clue what to due with the front? I can get 3 inch lift spindles for 300. Or get longer springs. Or mount some air shocks (not nitrogens, the kind like off an old Cougar) to the upper a arms and make some sweet shock hoops.

Pretty much my thoughts are to be nice to the front end. I hope.:redneck:

If it gets to the point of needing new stops, it will get either parted and crushed, or gutted and longer tube A armed.

It's a dune runner, you need twin I beams. And I just happen to have a couple setups in the backyard. :corn:

I did this with a 76 Datsun pickup auto, I shortened the frame 12" and moved the engine and cab back so you ride over the rear axle , you want more weight on the rear and less on the front so the rear tires always stay on the ground

damn dood how many fawkin projects do you have going now:fawkdancesmiley::redneck:

Its the ADD inside me.:haha:

My buddies give me **** all the time and tell me I have too many projects. they tell me to get rid of some of them and concentrate on just one. I CANT!!

Funny part is I have got more done on 14 different rigs in one year than the guys giving me **** have done on one project in 6 years. (and built other folks **** too)

This thing is just filler, something to do thats not serious or hitech. All parts are bought and paid for too. Just something for fun!:beer:

I did this with a 76 Datsun pickup auto, I shortened the frame 12" and moved the engine and cab back so you ride over the rear axle , you want more weight on the rear and less on the front so the rear tires always stay on the ground

I know what yer sayin, but im worried about it hookin up too good and being a turd. If I can keep it light enough in the back I think it might get a little more wheel speed/spin and be better.:redneck:

but yeah Im worried about it just plowing the front cuz it weighs too much up front. And not turnin with a welded diff if it gets light up there.:rolleyes:
Did you ever have yours in the sand? what did you think, howed it work?:cheer:

This sanrail:redneck: needs V8 power!

yes, yes it does:D

I have a 350 sittin here with flat tops, a 292/501 cam, cammel hump ol school heads, a tall air gap holley strip dominator, and a predator carb.

What do ya think?

I also have a tranny to replace the 700R4. Its a th350 with a stage three, hughs 8 inch 3500 converter and a sweet chrome pan. Gotta have the chrome.:beer:

I know what yer sayin, but im worried about it hookin up too good and being a turd. If I can keep it light enough in the back I think it might get a little more wheel speed/spin and be better.:redneck:

but yeah Im worried about it just plowing the front cuz it weighs too much up front. And not turnin with a welded diff if it gets light up there.:rolleyes:
Did you ever have yours in the sand? what did you think, howed it work?:cheer:

yes moses lake and beverly , with most the weight on the rear you dont want a locked diff as then you cant steer

Looks like a cool project Brad....We all just got back from Sand Lake OR...there were some pretty white trash things down there, but they were FAST!!! One was a blown 70's chevy, flat got with it....:cool:

that thing is bad as hell I hope to see you in the dunes someday I think my vw rail might take it lol

you might get me, but I dont have to ride in a VW!:haha::haha:

Wanted to go this weekend, but im a rain weenie. I dont do sand in the rain.

Shoot me a PM when you go south next time.:beer:

Looks like a cool project Brad....We all just got back from Sand Lake OR...there were some pretty white trash things down there, but they were FAST!!! One was a blown 70's chevy, flat got with it....:cool:

I know. I see them the most at Sandlake too! I never paid much attention to them before. Now that I have one I cant find any picks to compare to.

Wish I had taken more pics of trashy rigs and noted how they performed! I have so many questions. Im just gonna have to waste a trip and see what ****s up and what works before building stuff that dont work.:mad:

At sandlakes I always see the blue blazer from lakewood wa, and the chev truck that runs around with the 69 camaro that has paddles and hoosiers on it. I think the truck only runs 4 hoosiers.

No rules, just cool junk!!:beer:

its a berrien buggy frame vw everthing else except the steering column that's toyota its by no means fancy derusto paint job we dubbed it the redneck rail doesent even have paddles

Brad...do you have a pic of the custom diff cover from the 10 bolt S-10 rear with the two holes in it? what and how did they get there? :corn: