• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who can bore rear spindles?

Hip

I thought i had the correct 80s ford sixty housing which was the first piece i collected. it was free. so i ordered all 35 spline ****.

guess the rear spindles need to be bored afterall:mad:

so who can do it?

any suggestions about doing it myself?

i know dean at bent metal custums can, but i would suggest picking up a 14 bolt and cutting the spindles off and have them put on the 60, then you dont have to bore and make the 60 spindle weaker.

i dont have any way of contacting him but if he has the tool someone please PM me his nubber.:awesomework:

PM him, he's still on the board.

i know dean at bent metal customs can, but i would suggest picking up a 14 bolt and cutting the spindles off and have them put on the 60, then you dont have to bore and make the 60 spindle weaker.

Thats what I did :D Still need to have them aligned and finish welded, Just got them tacked on right now will I get all the brackets and truss welded on, then I know they are true.

Jantz machine. Took one to him awhile back and he was fare on price and 1 day turn around.

both called and PMd Darius.

ill give Karl a call if i dont hear from darius today.

Tom i called you sunday morning?

Called Jantz and he said $200, two day turnaround which means two trips over to bremerton at about $50 each makes it like $300 and a week.

Paging Darius....

Dean wants about the same and has better turnaround.

So unless darius can do it at my place i guess ill rip it out and take it to dean this week.:booo:

Doug Dye
federal way
253-279-7996

Does great work generally less expensive than the others, great machine shop at his house. Does custom work to front and rear axles also.

Also try Brad at Ryker Machine in Puyallup 253-531-3536 he is an old wheeler and a great machinist.