• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who Snowboards?

Used to be my stomping grounds. Dedicated my teenage life to riding there. Had seasons passes and rode there from 1990-2000,then my first kid was born and it all went downhill.

My first goal of every season was to hook up with a chick whose family had a cabin at the bottom. :redneck:

I was lucky enough to ride with Craig a few times. I miss heading up there, I need to get back in shape and get out there again.

We used to hike up the Hemisphere almost every weekend and then venture out along the ridge. Goodtimes...we didn't even know avalanche beacons existed:looser:

Funny we didn't cross paths then. Even though it's a smaller mountain, it's still a big place. I was pretty much in a rut and wrode with my buddies that I grew up with (still do). That and most of time, hood up, goggles on, and exterior all crusted over you look like everyone else.

We wrode all the same back country places and it didn't seem like there used be avy's much back in the day. I got my beeps now though.

Too bad my knees are GONE or I'd take Kyle up and help get him started.....I'm a pretty good teacher:D

:redneck: If you are as crazy on the snow as in the buggy, I might be glad your knees are gone... :haha:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I appreciate it. :awesomework: Gives me something to start with.

good boots for sure! broke my ankle twice boardin' back in 90 and 92.......the equip. is so much better and cheeper now!..........a board now weighs half or less what it did then.......x2 on good snow, i learned on ice........just think there is 2 ways to wreck face or ass...........my face was bleeding and my ass was aching bad

We probably crossed tracks then a few times....spent alot of time there in the early 90's.Craig and Carter has some INSANE lines from the bottom of Hemis ,through the cliffs, directly into the canyon.....beyond sketchy. I was lucky enough to ride with most of the original MBHC at one time or another......a good friend of mine was a lift op and new everyone. Good times:cool:

Too bad my knees are GONE or I'd take Kyle up and help get him started.....I'm a pretty good teacher:D

Good chance we did.

We used to hang out with Marcella and George at Mt. baker snowboard shop regularly and met quite a few of the local Baker boys through them.

We used to ride all that stuff on a regular basis. Surprised we didn't get hurt more often than we did. Worst ride I had was dropping into the canyon. Got caught in a chute where someone had already knocked out all the fresh snow, it was all ice,rock and tree branches, at least a 60 degree slope and about 75' to go before landing in the bowl below. No way to hike out way to icy, it was just wide enough to wedge the board in at the top. I had to commit jump up and drop in all in one motion. Made it cleanly but I needed some new shorts :eeek:

Good times for sure.:D

Craig and Carter has some INSANE lines from the bottom of Hemis ,through the cliffs, directly into the canyon.....beyond sketchy.

Carter was amazing and would have been a superstar. When he was ripping, most people didn't know what snowboarding was.

Last edited:
I went on my first trip, up to Timberline down here on Mt. Hood about 2 years ago and I have to say I'm completely addicted. I check the snow report on t-lines site about 3 times a day to see how many of their lifts they've got running.

I'll +1 everything these guys have said. The first time I went, I had never even fully strapped into a board before, but we were first people in line for lift passes and got to make first tracks on the fresh groom.

Day got cold quick though and got icy for a while. I'm glad I was wearing a small backpack with extra clothes and such in it, saved my back and shoulders a lot. and WAs still so sore the next day i could bearly walk.

But I loved every minute of it!

Crista I hope to be getting some new equipment, and can take him, and yeah the fresh snow, is the best to learn on much softer, and depending on his balance and coordination, he should be aware that he WILL be falling a lot, and needs to know how to fall PROPERLY!!!

Crista I hope to be getting some new equipment, and can take him, and yeah the fresh snow, is the best to learn on much softer, and depending on his balance and coordination, he should be aware that he WILL be falling a lot, and needs to know how to fall PROPERLY!!!

I'm going to go ahead and second that one again.

We are planning a leavenworth trip in Dec and I'm thinking we might try out the training lesson that scott posted up and then he can go out with friends and family if he still wants to try more after that.

My brother Adam has been boarding up at Baker for the last 17 yrs or so...even got into photography and got a couple of his photos in Snowboardin' MAgazine....:cool:
In fact, I guarantee he played hookie from work and went up today (opening day)---lucky bastard!!! (Man there were a ton of cars headin' up when I was on my way into town for work:yikes:....

Last edited:
I may have missed it but what size shoe does he wear? i have a few boards and boots. you or mike give me a call and i will see what i can come up with.

We probably crossed tracks then a few times....spent alot of time there in the early 90's.Craig and Carter has some INSANE lines from the bottom of Hemis ,through the cliffs, directly into the canyon.....beyond sketchy. I was lucky enough to ride with most of the original MBHC at one time or another......

My dad started with Craig in the 80's, an was ridin up there till the early nineties, he was one of the original MBHC's, I met Craig a few times when i was a young kid, an even to this day, I remember how cool of a guy he was. Hell, I ride one of his Burton SuperModel Prototype boards in the 172 cm flavor:awesomework:, he gave the board to my dad after he had tested it out for Burton.

We used to hang out with Marcella and George at Mt. baker snowboard shop

George is a good guy with lots of cool stories:awesomework:

My dad started with Craig in the 80's, an was ridin up there till the early nineties, he was one of the original MBHC's, I met Craig a few times when i was a young kid, an even to this day, I remember how cool of a guy he was. Hell, I ride one of his Burton SuperModel Prototype boards in the 172 cm flavor:awesomework:, he gave the board to my dad after he had tested it out for Burton.

George is a good guy with lots of cool stories:awesomework:

George past away last year :booo: he was one bad ass on a snowmobile and always had a good story to tell. He had a cool portable rope tow he used to drag up the mountain in the summer.

I was a broke kid trying to ride everyday I could and he helped me out. George wouldn't fix my stuff for me, but he'd show me how and make me do it myself in his shop. :cool:

My brother Adam has been boarding up at Baker for the last 17 yrs or so...even got into photography and got a couple of his photos in Snowboardin' MAgazine....:cool:
In fact, I guarantee he played hookie from work and went up today (opening day)---lucky bastard!!! (Man there were a ton of cars headin' up when I was on my way into town for work:yikes:....

Used to ride with a guy named Adam up there, another kid named Caleb and a few other guys from the Bellingham area. Wonder if I knew him....

Sorry for getting your thread off topic Mrs.C

Snowboarding is greta activity for kids, kept me out of a lot of trouble and focused a lot of teenage energy for me.

Used to ride with a guy named Adam up there, another kid named Caleb and a few other guys from the Bellingham area. Wonder if I knew him....

Yup, bet it was Pook--I believe Caleb's parents were my parents' neighbor...Was Adam a tallish blonde dude who sounded half drunk all the time:redneck: and was a night cook at a restaurant in Lynden:corn:???? (Drove a red Civic around the time in discussion possibly???)

Last edited:
Yup, bet it was Pook--I believe Caleb's parents were my parents' neighbor...Was Adam a tallish blonde dude who sounded half drunk all the time:redneck: and was a night cook at a restaurant in Lynden:corn:???? (Drove a red Civic around the time in discussion possibly???)

How old is he? Not sure if they were even driving when I knew him...