• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

who's got the best inner C's ?

BuckinPro

haven't decided what axle shafts to run yet would like to keep my options open, and be able to fit a RCV, retubing a 14b soon and looking to order the inner c's who's inner C's haven't seen alot of breakage?

I'd like to match the knuckles to the same brand inner c, D60 sized, I forget who said it but i heard to stay away from solid and fail to remember the reason behind it as well, thought maybe there were more options out there besides crane and solid, I honestly can't say I've seen either fail yet, any opinions on outer knuckles? thanks for the insight guys

BuckinPro said:
I'd like to match the knuckles to the same brand inner c, D60 sized, I forget who said it but i heard to stay away from solid and fail to remember the reason behind it as well, thought maybe there were more options out there besides crane and solid, I honestly can't say I've seen either fail yet, any opinions on outer knuckles? thanks for the insight guys

Reid Racing. They are in between the Crane and Solid IMO. I personally don't care for the Solid stuff. Seen too much of it fail.

Gittinit said:
Did you happen to get pictures, I'd love to see some carnage, might get me second guessing my solid knuckles.

They're around, didn't take any myself though. It has typically been fairly extreme abuse when they break but isn't that why you buy aftermarket knuckles? I've never seen a broken Crane or Reid. Actually, I did hear about a broken Reid but it was a bad Ultra4 crash. I've seen seen a lot of Solid parts go to the scrap heep. I've delt with the company, they are nice and will take care of you so I'm not trying to bad mouth them at all. Their product is great for a lot of people but if you want the best/strongest they are not that.

dynajeep said:
I vote for wod

That's a sexy unit right there, i just looked at EOR and WOD all i saw wod offered was the solid, crane, and spidertrax, maybe that knuckle requires a phone call to get info on? Thanks for the info guys i hope to have this thing sitting on its on axles by the end of summer, time permitting

Yeah, call or email them. Prices are similar and so are the products with the main difference being the WOD kits use kingpins whereas the EOR kits use a uniball.
Rocky

www.wideopendesign.com

615-962-9135

Edit*, I'm not Rocky nor do I have any affiliation with either company.