• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why IFS?

Pat

A buddy of mine is bringing a Chevy truck over this weekend to put a 2.5" lift on. I am trying to figure out why someone would do this? Is there any advantages?
To me it sounds like $1200 to make the truck look cool and fit bigger tires. Its gonna get worse mileage, less power, more wind resistance, be harder for his wife to get into, and I'm assuming it will handle worse. And its getting blocks in the rear:eeek: Wouldn't a body lift accomplish the same gayness for cheaper?
Am I wrong? Is there any practical reason for doing this?

Thats why my advice would be to spend the $1200 on something pimpin, but he won't listen to me.

This should be part of this thread: http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25055 :haha:

I know, it was tempting and I almost posted it there :haha:
But I thought this way I might get some expert opinions to either prove me wrong or support my case, since I will end up skinning a knuckle or two on this pile. Plus the magnitude of stupidity here is so great I figured it deserved its own thread.

I wish my friends wanted to use my shop to do something cool :booo:

I had a 91 extended cab with about 8 inches of suspension lift on swampers. Braffed the **** outa that truck, wheeled awesome, only exploded 1 half shaft and broke 1 upper control arm. It was in Reno so we would dune it, Desert Run it airing it at 70mph as well as crawl up in the mountains. Still got about 22mpg on the hi-way. Geared, TB spacer, K&N, Flowmaster, Shift Kit, alum radiator. Actually thinkin bout buildin a newer version of the same truck.