• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Wide Open Design built buggy (Race Buggy / Trail Rig) 530 HP,4 wheel steer

Woodlee

Wide Open Design built buggy.

DSC_1127.jpg

DSC_1215.jpg

Those pictures were taken at the Wide Open Design grand opening ride in May of this year. They are the most recent pictures I have of the buggy right now.

I have decided to sell my personal buggy that I have been running for the past couple of years. I built this buggy back in 2009 to be a custom one off chassis that would handle any type of terrain and survive racing conditions. The buggy was built around the idea that I wanted something I could race as well as trail ride. It had to be able to handle go fast desert but still be able to come back to the east coast and take the abuse of the southern hill killing type ridding. This buggy has been all over the US riding and honestly is one of the most well rounded off road buggies ever built.

Overview of the buggy:
The buggy is a rear engine buggy that was built specifically to make sure that you could see out of the front of the vehicle. From sitting in the driver seat you can see the entire front axle. This buggy is small and tight with it being a 50" wide chassis the seats almost touch each other in the middle. But, this thing is comfortable!!! I have raced the buggy for 8 straight hours without getting out at all. I am 6' 3" Tall and I have plenty of room with a helmet on to pass tech.
This buggy placed 7th at the 2009 King of the Hammers
21st at the 2010 King of the Hammers
The buggy has placed well and won at tons of local events as well
This buggy would be perfect as is for someone to race Dirt Riot, ECORS, SRRS and other short course type racing events. If you were willing to add bigger By Pass Shocks to the Buggy it would be a great Ultra 4 Buggy
I have been trail ridding this buggy ever since it was built as well as racing it. The time has come for me to let this one go though.

This buggy has also been covered in many different magazines as well as on Xtreme 4x4.

Chassis
Frame / Chassis Design
Frame / Chassis Materials 1.75 DOM Main Structure and 1.5 DOM support tubes
Overall Wheelbase 108"
Overall Weight 3700
Belly Pan Clearance 22"

Drivetrain
Front Suspension / Type / Materials Triangulated 4 link using 1.25 Rod Ends and 7075 Links
Front Sway Bar Currie Anti Rock
Front Shocks FOX 2.0 Remote Reservoir Coil Overs/ 2.0 Triple Tube By Passes
Front Axle Housing GM 14 Bolt
Front Ring & Pinion / ratio 5.13
Front Axle Shafts Spider Trax 4130
Front U-Joints Yukon Supper Joints
Front Drive Flanges Spider Trax
Front Brakes Spider Trax 14in Rotor with Wilwood Calipers
Front Steering Setup PSC 9in single ended Ram
Front Driveshaft High Angle Drive line with 1410 Yokes
Rear Suspension / Type / Materials Triangulated 4 link using 1.25 Rod Ends and 7075 upper links and trailing arm lowers
Rear Sway bar Currie Anti Rock
Rear Shocks FOX 2.0 Remote Reservoir Coil Overs/ 2.0 Triple Tube By Passes
Rear Axle Housing GM 14 Bolt
Rear Ring & Pinion / Ratio 5.13
Rear Axle Shafts Spider Trax 4130
Rear U-Joints Yukon Supper Joints
Rear Drive Flanges Spider Trax
Rear Brakes Spider Trax 14in Rotor with Wilwood Calipers
Rear Driveshaft High Angle Drive line with 1410 Yokes
Rear Steering Setup PSC 9in single ended Ram
Tire Make / Size 39 BFG Red Label Krawler
Wheel Make / Size 17in Race Line Monster with custom Bead Lock Rings
Wheel Bolt Pattern 8 lug

Powertrain
Engine Make GM 6.2L
Engine HP 530
Engine Induction Mast Motorsports
Engine Modifications Mast Motorsports Cam and electronics package
Batteries Blue Top Optima
Radiator / Fans 31x19 Be Cool With -16 AN fittings
Exhaust Custom built headers with 1.75 Primaries into dual 3 pipes
Transmission Make TH 350
Transmission Cooling System PWR Race Cooler
Transmission Shifter Hurst Quarter Stick
Transfer Case(s) Atlas 3.8
Fuel Containment 16 gallon RCI with Walbro Pickups

Body / Interior
Body / Body Panels Custom Built from 16ga Aluminum
Skid plate / Material 3/8in Thick Aluminum
Dash / Gauges / Switches Race Pack gauge
Steering Column / Wheel Grant steering wheel with quick disconnect
Pedal Assembly / Cutting Brakes Wilwood Pedal and master cylinder
Seats / Harnesses Twisted Stitch Pro Seats extra Tall
Winches - Front / Rear Warn RC 9000

I did not take any short cuts or spare any expense on this buggy when it was built. It has been ridden a lot and proven itself to be a great buggy. I feel confident that the new owner of this buggy will be VERY happy either using it as a racer or as a trail machine. The best part is that it works great for doing either one. The buggy needs a new front axle housing and I am planning on putting this in with any of the options listed.

I have broken the pricing of the buggy down a few different ways:

Take the buggy as is:
I will re skin the side panels on the buggy, replace the front housing, and look through the buggy so it is ready to go.

I will tear down the buggy fully race prep it, replace the front housing, re skin the sides, fix all of the damaged tubes in the chassis, powder coat the chassis a single stage color, and wrap the panels in a single stage color wrap. This will give you a pretty much brand new buggy when you pick it up from me.

After I sell this buggy I am going to build another one. So, I am open to offers on this buggy with me keeping the engine, winch, wheels/tires, and anything else I can use on my next build. This will just have to be a case by case deal on what a buyer and my self could agree on.

Please contact me by e-mail at [email protected] or call me at the shop 615-962-9135 for any questions or more details. Please do not P.M. me on here with questions. I do not check back nearly as much as I do email. I will be more than happy to answer any questions that any one may have about this buggy. It has served me well for the past couple of years and I'm sure I am going to miss it!

Thanks for looking,

Adam Woodlee

shop19207.jpg

P2250037.jpg

Ian.jpg

web0.jpg

IMG_9546.jpg

Let's see now, if I was to sell my jeep, my work truck, my farm,my house,( wait I owe to much on my house), my kids, no still wouldn't have enough! Oh well, someday .

Nice ride good luck on sale.would make someome a trail worthy rig no doubt

I'm going to bump this rig up because is way to fine to be lost in the "rigs for sale thread"

DANG I,ll trade you the RATTLER & three fat hogs for it ,,,well two of ems fat ;D

Man I cant wait to see what you build yerself next :popcorn: