• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Wide Open Design is now a dealer for " Twisted Stitch Seats "

Woodlee

Here at Wide Open Design we are always looking for new opportunities to work with companies in the industry that put high quality products. We have been looking at adding an additional Seat line for our custom builds and our customers that want the best seat they could get.

When we heard about a new seat company that was building great seats at reasonable prices we had to check them out. I gave them a call and realized in the first few minutes of the phone conversation I had found my new seat company. They were eager to be on the phone with me and took time to describe all of their products to me and their benefits. The guys on the phone are involved in their products and very knowledgeable. They are also confident in what they sell as well, and both companies are very excited about this venture.

They build every seat as a custom seat so you get what ever features you will want out of them when you order. They also agreed to drop ship for us to keep cost and time down on seats.

These are the seats going in the Wide Open Racing buggy for the 2009 King of the Hammers race and 2009 XRRA East division. We wanted a high quality SAFE seat. The seats are on order now but I will post up pictures when they arrive. We cant wait to get them.

Check out their site for all of their products and give us a call with any questions and pricing.

http://www.twistedstitchinc.com

TwistedStitch.png

Thanks,

Adam Woodlee
Wide Open Design
435 Cutoff Road
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
615-418-6696

Are these the same seats Bigelow was pimping about recently?

How do the compare in fit and comfort to the other seats you've sat in Adam? Mastercraft, Corbeu, PRP?

I don't know if they are what Doug runs or not. I haven't sat in them in person yet but I'll give you the run down of what I have dealt with with seat manufactures in the past.

Beard is hard to get the same sales man on the phone consistent. This is trouble when putting together any thing custom. I did order a set of Beards for a current project I am working on and they are Nice. I got them with movable head rest seat heaters and double stitched so there is no trim pipping on the seat. When I get the Twisted Stitch seats I will let you know the quality differences. They said I would not be disappointed and reading what other have said about them I am looking forward doing the comparison.

Corbeau are great seats for the money. I have used and sold tons of them. They are about the best bang for your buck, but they do lack in some aspects of the quality of material used and the fit and finish. Also if you want any thing custom the price is crazy expensive. They like knocking out seats production style.

Master Craft has a great product. I have never really tried to do a lot with them, so I don't have much information about them. I know they have been around for ever though.

When I called Twisted Stitch I immediately got to talk to the owner Leo. He was wanting to set up a dealer on the East Coast and I was wanting to have a good Custom seat to sell. It was like we both had the same goals and intentions of what we wanted to do. Both companies will benefit from this venture and even though he knows I won't be his biggest seller of seats he was excited that they would be going in high quality custom rigs. He wanted to see his product in use that did them justice.

Like I said I will give a complete run down of everything when they arrive from order time to quality. I can't wait for them to get here.

I like what I have read about the seats. I am interested in what you have to say about them. What kind of lead time do they have on them?

Woodlee said:
Here at Wide Open Design we are always looking for new opportunities to work with companies in the industry that put high quality products. We have been looking at adding an additional Seat line for our custom builds and our customers that want the best seat they could get.

When we heard about a new seat company that was building great seats at reasonable prices we had to check them out. I gave them a call and realized in the first few minutes of the phone conversation I had found my new seat company. They were eager to be on the phone with me and took time to describe all of their products to me and their benefits. The guys on the phone are involved in their products and very knowledgeable. They are also confident in what they sell as well, and both companies are very excited about this venture.

They build every seat as a custom seat so you get what ever features you will want out of them when you order. They also agreed to drop ship for us to keep cost and time down on seats.

These are the seats going in the Wide Open Racing buggy for the 2009 King of the Hammers race and 2009 XRRA East division. We wanted a high quality SAFE seat. The seats are on order now but I will post up pictures when they arrive. We cant wait to get them.

Check out their site for all of their products and give us a call with any questions and pricing.

http://www.twistedstitchinc.com

TwistedStitch.png

Thanks,

Adam Woodlee
Wide Open Design
435 Cutoff Road
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
615-418-6696
Adam, looks like a great addition for you. About the seats, what is the material and how will it stand up to mud and dirt and water? You know, must of us are not" Burger King Cruisers" and don't treat our stuff so nice. How will they hold up to our abuse? I am sure if you are P.R.ing for them they must be good.
p.s. do they make aluminum fairleads? :flipoff1:

Cool, cant wait to hear. I'm pretty sure these are the seats that Bigelow was talking about. He doesnt run them....yet. But is planning on using one in his new buggy.
I like young, new hungry companies. They are so much more apt to give you what you want.

EDIT: going through their website I see they do "custom window nets" as well. I know you had talked about putting nets in everything you build going forward. Hell sounds like a very good marriage.

InDaShop said:
They are so much more apt to give you what you want.

So so so true !! thumb.gif Hope they live up to the hype, get some in a rig and let us grope on them a bit !!!

Greg,

They only use high grade material. I have a color set here that has cut outs of all of their materials on it and the look and feel very nice. They actually have the same numbers on them as Beard color numbers so my guess is they are probably using the same materials. Only time will tell the true test though.

They wont have fair leads in stock before Christmas though :flipoff1:

Woodlee said:
Greg,

They only use high grade material. I have a color set here that has cut outs of all of their materials on it and the look and feel very nice. They actually have the same numbers on them as Beard color numbers so my guess is they are probably using the same materials. Only time will tell the true test though.

They wont have fair leads in stock before Christmas though :flipoff1:
Thanks Adam, I just changed the seats in my buggy before KOTH, wish we would seem these guys ahead of time.
As for the fairlead, no rush. Just giving the metal time to cure.

[attachment deleted by admin]

They called Friday and said the seats were shipping out. The owner wants me to call him as soon as they arrive and let him know what I think about them. He said I will be impressed. I cant wait to see them.

They have arrived!!!!!!!

They arrived just as promised. When I first looked at them i was shocked at just how nice they are. All of the seams are double stitched with no piping around the edge of the seat. The material is a high grade vinyl that just screams quality at you when look at them, and I really like the modern stitch design. I had my company logo embroidered into the seat as well. That just took the seats to the next level for me. It personalized the seats to fit my buggy and it just made a good seat better.

The real delight was when I sat in the seat. They fit me. For the first time ever I had a seat that truly fits me. I have a tall torso and all of the other susspension seats I have sat in were never tall enough in the back for my head to hit the head rest. This one is great, and the shoulder harnesses fit where they should as well.

I could not be happier with the seats.

So here are the picks for you guys to make your own decisions

shop9291.jpg

shop9277.jpg

shop9285.jpg

shop9270.jpg

shop9268.jpg

shop9288.jpg

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Sign for the side "Wide Bitches Won't Fit" :flipoff1:

Good thing there not going in a hog hauler. pepper.gif

But on a serious note they build them to fit a waist size when you order them.

Re: Wide Open Design is now a dealer for " Twisted Stitch Seats "

Untill I can get the web site updated with prices then you need to call to find out about the seat you are interested in.

I already have PRPs in my rig, but I have some friends that are in need of some nice seats. I'll look for them on your site....

Latest posts