• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wife thinking about quitting

Sorry i didnt convey my message very well.. I wasnt suggesting school persay, just that sometimes it s better for the big picture to sacrifice to get were one needs to be.

thumb.gif

P said:
Sorry i didnt convey my message very well.. I wasnt suggesting school persay, just that sometimes it s better for the big picture to sacrifice to get were one needs to be.

thumb.gif
yeah, I got that. she actually WANTS to go back to school though. ridiculous creative, and has always wanted to be an architect. um, yeah. that's only YEARS of schooling. :eek:

Financial problems can really strain a marriage...almost ended mine.

My wife supported us for 2 years while I was in school. She was a waitress at a nice restaurant and made decent money, provided she worked almost 70 hrs a week. I wasn't making much and we sometimes couldn't afford groceries. Since then she has found her niche at a regular 8-5 job and is happier than ever, which helps our marriage alot.

hang in there man. i know times are tough but they will get better. Keep your and her head up and it will pay off.

**** man, send her ass sell all your tools and invest in her getting that accomplished.

You know how big a god damn shop you could afford with her advanced level of income as an architect ! :eek:

laughing1

blacksheep10 said:
yeah, I got that. she actually WANTS to go back to school though. ridiculous creative, and has always wanted to be an architect. um, yeah. that's only YEARS of schooling. :eek:
My wife encouraged me to go to night school, it's really a team effort. I spent 12 years getting two BS's (career change) and a master's while working full time. It's never too late. I had fellow students that ranged for 18 to 50 years old. One of my professors always referred to an older gentleman as "sir", which I thought was a pretty cool display of respect. They guy had seen war and the private sector so in my mind he earned it.

If she wants to go she should make it happen. You only live once (unless you're Hindu :) ).

At least y'alls wives didn't wait till she's 80,

I graduated with the oldest woman to graduate college... dangol-weeeehoooo!

vanguard said:
My wife encouraged me to go to night school, it's really a team effort. I spent 12 years getting two BS's (career change) and a master's while working full time. It's never too late. I had fellow students that ranged for 18 to 50 years old. One of my professors always referred to an older gentleman as "sir", which I thought was a pretty cool display of respect. They guy had seen war and the private sector so in my mind he earned it.

If she wants to go she should make it happen. You only live once (unless you're Hindu :) ).
she'd ahve to get a job that didn't require her there until 10 at night half the nights of th emonth to go back to school. I want her to take a pay cut adn get in a 8-5er to get **** straight. then go for school/job/career that makes her happy

blacksheep10 said:
she'd ahve to get a job that didn't require her there until 10 at night half the nights of th emonth to go back to school. I want her to take a pay cut adn get in a 8-5er to get **** straight. then go for school/job/career that makes her happy

She should be able to find something with that masters!

But then again... the economy SHOULD be better too :dunno:

Job market in KC and surrounding areas is rough though. Took me 6 months and I ended up at a place I had worked at before and swore off before I started my job hunt.

Kelly, My wife is back in school right now. It's killing me to make ends meet. But like you I am resouceful enough to make it happen. Granted that's all I've been able to do, Just barely make it happen. I look at it like this, just like everyone else said, if she is happy then I will be too. I just have to be paitient. She is in Radiography school (taking x-rays and stuff). She absolutely loves it. Thing is she already has two degrees, one in Graphic design, and the other in Interior design. Not using either really sucks. I just hope she is not wasting my money on this one (prolly not since she likes it so much). It's tough just hang in there buddy! thumb.gif

Yep I know, I know, and I know.

Tiffany quit two months ago with out another job. She got into the accelerated teaching Cert program, and passed her boards test a week ago. She is applying to school districts next week to hopefully be a teacher in the fall.

Yeah a cut in pay from her high level executive law firm job to a school teacher, ****! I must be crazy to have agreed to this BS.......
But seriously the hell was not worth the extra money for the damage it was doing and going to do to our marriage and raising our son.

NO JOB IS WORTH IT. JOBS ARE A WAY TO A MEANS, NOT A MEANS TO AN END. Her job shouldnt define who she is or the relationship you guys have as a married couple or as parents.

For $40k or so she could be a shool teacher, starting pay all over South Texas is $43k, and summers off. And a whole lot less hours than 60+.

You need to stand fast, stay strong, and mostly SUPPORT her.

As much as I'll miss my wifes big money income, its just not worth it. Kelly you guys arent going to be giving that up, she just needs a change.

And someone said it, and I couldn't agree more. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!, And the clique, one door closes another opens, couldnt be more true, as well.

Y'all will pull through.

InDaShop said:
Yep I know, I know, and I know.

Tiffany quit two months ago with out another job. She got into the accelerated teaching Cert program, and passed her boards test a week ago. She is applying to school districts next week to hopefully be a teacher in the fall.

Yeah a cut in pay from her high level executive law firm job to a school teacher, ****! I must be crazy to have agreed to this BS.......
But seriously the hell was not worth the extra money for the damage it was doing and going to do to our marriage and raising our son.

NO JOB IS WORTH IT. JOBS ARE A WAY TO A MEANS, NOT A MEANS TO AN END. Her job shouldnt define who she is or the relationship you guys have as a married couple or as parents.

For $40k or so she could be a shool teacher, starting pay all over South Texas is $43k, and summers off. And a whole lot less hours than 60+.

You need to stand fast, stay strong, and mostly SUPPORT her.

As much as I'll miss my wifes big money income, its just not worth it. Kelly you guys arent going to be giving that up, she just needs a change.

And someone said it, and I couldn't agree more. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!, And the clique, one door closes another opens, couldnt be more true, as well.

Y'all will pull through.
I think its a cliche :flipoff1:
a clique is a socail group :flipoff1:

I'm hoping so, I just hope she gets fired instead of quits.

I HATED hearing "everything happens fora reason" when I was going through my ****. Nothing irritated me more than that. So I drank a lot....a whole lot. molaugh

Hey Kelly, it'll all be fine, it all happens for a reason :flipoff1:

fawk you and your cliques! :flipgotcha:

yeah totally wrong spelling, but yeah thats what i was thinking.

Been awhile since I've posted here, but this thread hits home - my wife quit working 5 months ago to stay at home with my son. BIG hit to the income, but the right answer for the family and my son... the great thing about being young, we can still adapt. Wyatt's right, in my opinion, when he states that work is a way to a means, not a means to an end... while it's inconvenient to reshape the way we live our lives, it's better in the long haul!

Stay with it my friend, it'll work out -- it simply must, there's no other possible outcome!