• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wifes crawler

thebonds

Figured I shows the buildup I'm doing on my wife's riggin since that's what I've been working on lately.

1983 pickup I bought from a buddy for $200

1st thing was to Bob the bed

Dodge rear springs

Ruf

Too bad its not my shop. I just work there, and get to use it weekends.

Fancier paint

Its box and high steer. I don't remember why I mounted the box like that but it now is trimmed flush with the bottom of the from and a flat pitman arm.

]At this point the 22re in my 89 went tits up so I decided to pull her 22r out, convert it to fuel injection and put back in mine. When I bought this from my friend he also gave me a running 305 he had laying around. So being free, that's what went inside.

I didn't want to use any sort of body lift so for everything to clear I had to move the fan to the front of the radiator.

Unfortunately the factory grill no longer had a place to go

Luckily working at a body shop I get my hands on lots of slavagable parts to make use of. Like my electric fans, temporary dodge grill, and old roll bar st the start of a front bumper.

It wouldn't have been my engine e of choice if I already didn't have it. Works pretty damn good and super easy to drive for the wife hooked to a 700r4/toy case. 5.29's and welded.

The next few I have already posted in the introduction section but to keep everything in order I will post them again as well as a maybe a few things I haven't taken pictures of or mentioned.

Here an its rear housing was thrown in as well as spacers up front. The bes is now doves as well. It's sitting on federal couragia my 35x12.50r15's. Great tires IMO for the price. Paid $800 total for all 4.

Dodge grill replaced with taco grill.

Rock sliders I built with some metal someone had thrown into the scrap pile.

Wife decided to stay home one night so I was driving hers while a friend was in mine and I decided to go upside down. (Sorry for shitty drunken nighttime cell pics, all I got)

Was a dumbass, and still am for that matter, and didn't take any pics of the carnage before straightening it back out. Props to the v8 and quadrajet though for firing right up after being upside down for a good 30 minutes.

After squaring up the cab and doors with a ports power and roughing the fender back into shape.

Deciding Id rather not test the structural integrity of a crushed cab anymore in the future, I purchased this.

I wonder why you ended up upside down....
:rolleyes:

It was a gnarly tank trapped twisty trail a friend built with a excavator on private land. Very hard to see anywhere you were going. Not saying alcohol wasn't a factor but I was not the only rig to roll that night. As far as the drunken pics I was referring to the person that sent them to me. My phone was still inside the cab.

This is my first time using a bender or making a cage so forgive my ignorance and poor skills as I try to piece this thing together.

First piece of bent tubing, replacing the sheet metal core support and tucking over the new round headlights.

Plan from here is to tie I to the sliders running as much as possible behind the fenders and then exo on the cab.

That is how she sits currently. I would like to start trimming the fenders up to fit around the tube I have on so far. Need to start saving for more tube. Only bought two sticks to start with and the price has since more than doubled here.:wtf:

Latest posts