• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wifes crawler

This is my first time using a bender or making a cage so forgive my ignorance and poor skills as I try to piece this thing together.

First piece of bent tubing, replacing the sheet metal core support and tucking over the new round headlights.

Plan from here is to tie I to the sliders running as much as possible behind the fenders and then exo on the cab.

Lookin like the toyotas dunturnd inta a Liberty ( JEEP THAT IS ) :redneck: ( CHEERS). :beer:

Last edited:
Cool truck:awesomework:
If you like a V8 in a toyota there is one with a big block chev on craigslist.
No Toyota in my future sorry. You Toy and Heep purists have more in common than you think. My philosophy is buy something for the body and replace all the weak links with something better. But, been here done that. Not hating just stating.:cool:

Turned into a liberty how? By round headlights? Round headlights are first first gen yota.

No Toyota in my future sorry. You Toy and Heep purists have more in common than you think. My philosophy is buy something for the body and replace all the weak links with something better. But, been here done that. Not hating just stating.:cool:
If you can tell me how a V8 with toyota running gear makes it better I'm all ears.
So back to the build. Cool truck I like it.

Last edited:
If you can tell me how a V8 with toyota running gear makes it better I'm all ears.
So back to the build. Cool truck I like it.
Its a good start, but you toyota loyalists can't stand seeing a old school toy having anything but Toyota parts in it. What's really the difference of running a V8 on a stock toy axle, or 39-42s on a stock axle Toyota. Still causes you to wheel with caution. More power is a step in the right direction for some, then upgrade as necessary. To each their own I guess, we well see where thebonds plan takes him. I like when people build something with no loyalty to anything, just building something that's practical to how they choose to wheel, building/upgrading along the way. Off the hijack and back to the build. :awesomework:

Just a by the way tid bit. Both stock birfs are long gone. Currently running long field 30 spline inner/outer short side and worn out marlin 27 spline/factory inner long side. With the automatic and relatively week 305 compared to other v8's its pretty gentle on most of the parts. I've broken twice as many birfs in my 22re dual cased crawler running 37's. Now I try to keep my wheels straight:D

Last edited:
Highjacking my own thread alert. Don't have enough tube yet to finish the cage so I figured I'd give my crawler some loving, its been far too long.
Since my chopped up factory bumper has gotten way bent out of shape, and straightened, and bent up again, I decided to it was time to build a new one. Basically just going to be a copy cat version of the trail gear style tube bumper.

Cardboard winch mount template bolted up. A little black paint and she's ready to roll.:redneck:

Transfered over to 1/4" plate and burnt in. I think I skipped a few steps in between there somewhere.

That's all the time I had today before having to pick up my daughter from daycare. Tubing will be bent and added tomorrow.

Just re-reading through this and I apologize for all the typos and **** that just doesn't make sense. 've been posting all this from my phone and sometimes auto correct has a mind of its own.:mad:

Got some tube added. Still need to pick up some more so I can make one more hoop that will follow the shape of the grill.

Thanks, it was my first ever attempt at building a bumper. A couple bends didn't end up like I had planned in my head but i made it work. I think the hrew will be plenty strong for my applications. Not building comp. buggies or dessert racers, just trail putters.

Edit: well first attempt at building a legit winch/tube bumper

Last edited:
Nice work, now go out and beat it, break it, and upgrade it. Its a viscious cycle some of us know too well.:haha:

Hi all,

No apologies necessary, thanks for sharing your build with us! :beer:

Regards,

Alan

Just re-reading through this and I apologize for all the typos and **** that just doesn't make sense. 've been posting all this from my phone and sometimes auto correct has a mind of its own.:mad:

A little color and cheapest winch I could find. My back is ruined so waiting for a friend to give me a hand bolting it back on.