• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wifes crawler

All mounted up. Hopefully will get out and wheel it this weekend.

OK my own highjack is over. Back to wife's cage work from here out....well eventually anyayways

Been slow going on wife's yota. Keep pulling bolts loose from 700r4 to toy case adapter and leaking fluid. Too many trips on low fluid and wound up with a burnt up trans. Should be getting a th350 this week to slap in. Then hopefully back to tube work

Pick up a poly trans mount and tie it into your tcase xmember. You stand a good chance of breaking the TH350 case if you don't.

A poly mount for the th350 and tie that to the x-member? Or replace the Toyota t-case mount with a poly? Maybe I could make a solid brace going from the th350 x-member mount location to somewhere solid on the t-case.

So I've pretty got everything to to swap the transmission in. Still waiting for davesoffroadperforamnce to ship me the twin stick for my transfer case I ordered on the 11th:wtf: But in the mean time I picked up another project haha.

A 90 4runner family wheeler mobile. 22re 5 speed. $500. The kid smashed up the front end, bent the frame and messed up the front cab mounts. The mounts most likely due to the 3" body lift he had on it. :puke: No matter, going to cut the frame off and replace the whole thing in front of the cab mounts to do the SAS anyway. Will probably run full size axles since I have a set acting as lawn ornaments, leafs up front and 4 link rear. Dove nose, bob and dove truck style bed behind rear seats. Most likely tube work mixed in. Will try and go interior cage if it feels comfortable still. Not going to rush this one.

Pics he posted when I bought It.

He apparently enjoyed himself some mud and didn't care to clean it. That's been my first task on it. And by the way, I am going to get back to the 83 here first.

Well ****, got the used th350 bolted back in. Have great reverse gear, but just barely creeps forward. I pulled the pan back off and cleaned an inspected the valve body no difference. Guessing the forward gear drum or discs must be toast. Not very impressed anymore.:mad:

Picked up a th400 and np205 to replace the th350/toy case. Its a 2wd short shaft and divorced 205. Need to build a couple cross members and short shaft to tie the two together. Going to pick up a rebuild kit as well and ho through it before getting to far. Supposed to be good but getting tired of installing junk transmissions. Any suggestion on a good price rebuild kit? Are the ebay ones worth a ****?

Will also be twin sticking the 205 for some front dig sweetness. I will take care of grinding the rails, but does anyone know of a stick kit available to work to work independently on a divorced case without bolting to the factory adapter or transmission? Or am I just going to be fabbing something up there as well?

I joined the 2wd transmission and divorced 205 together directly with a combo u-joint instead of in intermediate drive shaft. Then solid mounted the two together with a bracket that also works as a mount for my twin stick set up. I'm going to run two cross members that way everything is adequately supported.

Nice!
I have thought about making a divorced Atlas just like this. To mount to a Subaru auto. Curious to see how this works out for ya. It is supposed to pan out.:hi::redneck:
Cheers

Unless you got the trans and case perfectly aligned, that u-joint won't last long

I'm sure your right. Best option I had to go with at the moment though. It passed my eyeball alignment test so I'll see what happens. The joint should never reach any more of an extreme angle like most do. If it does happen to fail, the yokes should lock toghethor and still be able to limp off the trail.

Maybe someone has an idea. After going through and rebuilding the th400, I bolted everything in, new torque converter, filled before installing. Put 4 quarts in before starting it up. After starting and running through all gears ended up putting 11 QTS total in, and I get no drive in any gear or reverse. Right now its siting a little over filled on the dipstick that is fully seated in the pan. I shifted though all gears letting the fluid circulate though all gears and checking the level with no results. Added the last qt just to see. Going to pull the pan and check the oil tube for cracks or faulty o ring but any other ideas?

Nice!
I have thought about making a divorced Atlas just like this. To mount to a Subaru auto. Curious to see how this works out for ya. It is supposed to pan out.:hi::redneck:
Cheers

That has to be the dumbest way to waste money I have heard ya come up with yet! :kissmyass: :haha:

Subi sickness, its a disease that slowly eats away ANY kind of rational thought. :corn:

I would take it back to your tranny guy and let him fix it.

I'm my own tranny guy. Wait, that sounds weird.... but after lots of head scratching and beer drinking I figured it out. This was my first 400, or any trans rebuild, and I didn't hook the valve body shift rail up to the shifter linkage. After going through my manual a few times I found a picture with no literature showing it. Took the pan off, hooked everything up, re fluideded??? everything, and all seems well. Burn a couple crossmemebers and new floor sheet metal in and she should be back on the trail.:D Or ready to finish the tube work.

There is another cross member bolted to the transfer case as well tucked higher up in the frame, just didn't get any pics.

Latest posts