• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Windrock / Atomic Ridge

Re:

tonybolton said:
Me an my conventional coils and non sticky tires were just trying not to hold anyone up

I only have conventional coils on the back springs on the front :'( When I grow up I will have Tony's and pholmann parts list :dblthumb:

Awesome day today on atomic!! Still cant believe how freaking dry it was and what short work we did on it. Only time ive seen it like that in the 4 years ive been riding it. Patrick I hate you didnt come cause of the wet possibility , it was a game of chance and we just so happened to win at it today!

That was a good ride. That will probably be the only time you can say you had a scenic ride on Atomic Ridge. Now let's go hit it wet. There will be plenty of time for picture taking. Tony said he would love to but Charity will have to bring a cattle prod.

Not having a winch yet and the possibility of making the misses scared of the new buggy I decided to wait till later. Right now she's liking the new buggy. I'd like to break her into the dumb **** I do when she's not around slowly. She knows I do it, she just isn't a fan of it. I'm trying to desensitize her to the stupidity slowly. Lol

I heard that. Lex still gets nervous on me every great now and again but its usually on something I should have let her out on anyway. 9.9 times out of 10 shes content though.

GNorton said:
That was a good ride. That will probably be the only time you can say you had a scenic ride on Atomic Ridge. Now let's go hit it wet. There will be plenty of time for picture taking. Tony said he would love to but Charity will have to bring a cattle prod.

Say when, interested to see what these cheater tires will do on it when its wet

Man....watching old youtube vids of Atomic....that big bastard rock that caused me problems on the final climb out video used to jus be off to the side. Now it's smack dab in the middle of the trail!

Bet that was scary when it rolled!

904a644c488ef35875d37d96224d5432.jpg

1tfrot said:
might have to look ya up and check out that area. haven't wheeled windrock yet

I like it, but mostly because its 35-40 minutes away. I'm sure if I lived the same distance from AOP/GMP/Harlan.....I'd mostly wheel there. Traveling over 1hr one way really isn't high on my "things I like doing" list. Some dig the long hauls, but I'm content stayin local.

I mean, I could eat pizza or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day and be happy. ;) I get set in my ways.

I'd say Schoolbus or Cadillac at Windrock are my favorite trails I run.....but I wouldn't drive 2hrs to ride them. :) I like that Razorback trail at GMP too. It's like a more rocky version of Schoolbus

Re:

I wish I had a place to ride that was 35-40 minutes away. Maybe I'd get to go enough that I'd get me some Tony Bolton driving skills so I could make **** look easy and not tear my junk up so much.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

tonybolton said:
Man....watching old youtube vids of Atomic....that big bastard rock that caused me problems on the final climb out video used to jus be off to the side. Now it's smack dab in the middle of the trail!

Bet that was scary when it rolled!

904a644c488ef35875d37d96224d5432.jpg

Moved out of the way. What year is that video? It's crazy how it changes

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I wish I had a place to ride that was 35-40 minutes away. Maybe I'd get to go enough that I'd get me some Tony Bolton driving skills so I could make **** look easy and not tear my junk up so much.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
X2
It's 1 1/2 hours from my house to Hard Rock, an old limestone quarry, and about 8+ hours to any park that has actual mountains. I'd probably be riding every day after work if I only had to drive 30 minutes to be on the trails.

Re:

tonybolton said:
No skills dude....jus tryin to keep from breakin stuff and making sure bypass trails are clear!

ha ha ha ha ha dont let him lie to you, dude can drive weather he admits it or not, especially if hes tired and not had any sleep :****:

Re: Re: Windrock / Atomic Ridge

Cab Truck 32 said:
Did you guys come back down the same side? What's the other side like?
Jus kept goin....it's got about 3 or 4 steep sections that require a good line to keep from nosing over....but doable.

If anyone has "dropped in" to the lil mule trail...the drops are sorta on par with that.

A lil intense when you feel it slide forward....but just get off the gas or give it gas and you're fine.

Honestly my biggest fear was the downside. Not really fun....but not impossible either.

Latest posts