• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Windrock labor day weekend

tonybolton

Bypass Crawler
I went through my PM box not too long ago and deleted a bunch of stuff that I guess I shouldn't have. I remember there were a few people that had PM'd me about riding there this weekend.

I'll definitely be there Saturday riding with a Toyota group just kind of showing them around but I wouldn't mind riding Friday or Sunday either.

Jus a heads up to those that had messaged me earlier.

Re:

Usually save that stuff for end of day/weekend stuff. I'm wanting to jus get in some good trail riding first.....I'm not a big RR fan to begin with.

Re:

Is rattle rock a really tough trail?

The YouTube videos it looks good, but as with videos and pictures they do not do anything justice.

Re: Re:

ROKTOY829 said:

The YouTube videos it looks good, but as with videos and pictures they do not do anything justice.
Its tough.....mostly just technical. Hard to recover broken rigs from due to length/limited access which can turn into a wasted day for a lot if you have a group.

Re: Re: Windrock labor day weekend

ROCKRAWL said:
What trails are you planning on riding?
Prolly all the harder trails....minus RR/atomic/rail. Then jus see where it goes from there. I heard 21 is starting to get hard again....might try that.

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:

It's fun to drive down. Real technical

I think rattle rock is an easy trail myself but I've got big tars and f/r steer and long wheelbase. I'd like to run up it and then back down it. Now little rattle rock kicked my ass last time I tried it I was too damn wide and kept rolling over :dunno:

Re: Re: Windrock labor day weekend

86chevota said:
What about atomic ridge?
Weather would be good to hit it.....but I'm jus not in the mood to drive over there / trailer over there....then drive /trailer back over where all the other trails are.

What Toyota group are u goin with ? A few of us will be getting there Friday evening , we r meeting up with a Toyota group as well

Re:

Some Appalachian gathering something or other. I'm really just friends with a Toyota guy that said I could tag along and possibly be a good recovery vehicle for them on some of the harder stuff.

Oh man....day couldn't have been better for me! What a great bunch a outa towners to wheel with.

A few pix from the day....not many cuz the pace was great and everyone was making everything look easy!!

43dd03fa1863792d777f148bd8f90c20.jpg

55a9c536df3bf981627e86bb298415e9.jpg

96af30d138178e5cdcd4b2e7b3928dac.jpg

14e0a519f6fe2604d44240f648bb0a4d.jpg

070ebbe782869686075bd7addaf74324.jpg

cd9586a0140129599226941d5ecb2ec4.jpg

46c392a66ef0b14bfa3212dedbbfaba2.jpg

f210b647ef23eaf31663b009859be7d9.jpg

Thanks again Tony for showing us around. IT had been a long time since I wheeled at Windrock. Looking forward to coming back down.

Travis