• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WINDROCK

gray tj

Can anyone help with what trails are challenging at Windrock?Been there once but had a local guy take us around, :dunno:Cant remember what trails they are...Going May 15

rail trail. go to the top of the mountain and turn left before the windmill.go to the end of the dirt road then drop down the cliff to the river.that seems to be the harder way to run it.getting out of the river bottom is not too easy.then end out the trail going up the big rock to the dirt road.

Re: WINDROCK

When are you heading up Rob, are you going with the tampa group?

trail 39 isn't hard as long as you're a throttle junkie!
Trail 15 aka lil mule is split into 2 .. lil mule being the fun section
Rattle rock and little rattle rock
Don't get on 16 or you ll be bored to death for 4 hours! and don't ask the atv'ers for advice. booyang

I was just there a few weeks ago RZR riding. It was a blast on RZR but I saw absolutely nothing that would warrant hauling a rig up there. There was one crawler type trail in the side the windmills were on but no good hills or anything at all for a rig

Just my opinion but not a good place for crawlers at all

well looks like i will be going back to Harlan ....Wanted to try something different but it doesnt sound like the wheeling I like.Thanks for the advice everyone...

J.A.B said:
I was just there a few weeks ago RZR riding. It was a blast on RZR but I saw absolutely nothing that would warrant hauling a rig up there. There was one crawler type trail in the side the windmills were on but no good hills or anything at all for a rig

Just my opinion but not a good place for crawlers at all

Thats because the good crawling trails arent' accessible to RZRs...

It's a good place for a day trip, I like 3, 39, lil mule, lil schoolbus, rattle rock, lil rattle rock, and rail trail.

Rail Trail is the best.

I think the reason that less people ride windrock is that it actually requires trail riding between the good/challanging trails and with the exception of Rattle Rock, its actually a real trail ride that nut swingers on RZRs and stock TJs can't tag along and watch.

TBItoy said:

It's a good place for a day trip, I like 3, 39, lil mule, lil schoolbus, rattle rock, lil rattle rock, and rail trail.

Rail Trail is the best.

I think the reason that less people ride windrock is that it actually requires trail riding between the good/challanging trails and with the exception of Rattle Rock, its actually a real trail ride that nut swingers on RZRs and stock TJs can't tag along and watch.

I agree with the statement about a good day trip and trail riding plus obstacles. Last time we went had a blast just riding around the park in full widths Jeeps. At the time it was $17 a head so I wanted to ride all days to get my moneys worth. You can spend a day there easily tooling around on good trails and some decent obstacles. Eating lunch up at the Windmills is always a highlight for me.

We just went a couple weeks ago and were new to the place. Trail 15,trail 39, rattle rock,trail 40(rail trail),trail 3. All these trails are pretty close together and about as hard as you want to make 'em. We had a blast!!!

Little Tim Bacon on Atomic Ridge at Windrock OHV

TBItoy said:

Rail Trail is the best.

I think the reason that less people ride windrock is that it actually requires trail riding between the good/challenging trails and with the exception of Rattle Rock, its actually a real trail ride that nut swingers on RZRs and stock TJs can't tag along and watch.

Agreed - I think what I was trying to say is for the 5 hr drive from there area I live it would just not be worth it in a rig unless trail riding is your thing. Its so far from one place to another just seems like it would get old pretty quick. :dblthumb:

There were a few good one theres - like the Atomic Ridge but we did it in rzrs. It was a fun place and I will be back most likely this year again.

we drive 12 hours from mi to wheel there.you just need to know where to go.you can drive around all day if you dont know where the good spots are. we actualy rent a house a few miles from the park and there is the east side of coal creek trails that are not run much.i like coal creek better then tellico.you drove forever there to hit good spots.you can never go wrong with harlen though.