• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wiring lights in garage

So in looking for lighting in a larger shop, what is the best light avalable to do in new construction to light the shop?

How tall is your ceiling and how thick is your wallet ? Take a look at what you see in the warehouse stores.

where are the existing outlets in nuzzy's garage.

I'd have to look but there are relatively very few. I'd love to wire in some more around the garage. But I like the idea of having the lights directly tied together as opposed to 4 separate outlets all over the ceiling if I were to go the florescent route. :awesomework:

How tall is your ceiling and how thick is your wallet ? Take a look at what you see in the warehouse stores.

14ft ceiling, 40x60 shop, broke bastage of course....
Looking to get good light, but knowing that direct light is still needed to do most fine work....
Most shops have florescent of course, but is that just because it is cheap to do?
I have thought of the lights in the floor idea before under the lift, just dont know if that is a real safe thing to do...

14ft ceiling, 40x60 shop, broke bastage of course....
Looking to get good light, but knowing that direct light is still needed to do most fine work....
Most shops have florescent of course, but is that just because it is cheap to do?
I have thought of the lights in the floor idea before under the lift, just dont know if that is a real safe thing to do...

at 14' I would just use florecent. You can score some good deals from these building materials recyclers on used florecent fixtures. Call around to some of the commercial electricians as well. They usally just toss the older fixtures since they arnt up to energy codes.

at 14' I would just use florecent. You can score some good deals from these building materials recyclers on used florecent fixtures. Call around to some of the commercial electricians as well. They usally just toss the older fixtures since they arnt up to energy codes.

This is a new building, so inspection will have to be done, not like I cant add in more after that however.

This is a new building, so inspection will have to be done, not like I cant add in more after that however.

then just wire in the boxes and put some of the porcilen incadecent fixtures (pictured earlier) on them and change the fixtures later. If its a shop or barn thats not heated then the energy code are moot.

then just wire in the boxes and put some of the porcilen incadecent fixtures (pictured earlier) on them and change the fixtures later. If its a shop or barn thats not heated then the energy code are moot.

I am planning on heat, but haven't chosen with what yet, I am really leaning to a heat pump, kinda spendy up front, but cheaper in the long run..
Everything got approved financing ways today, but that has happened before, just had a lame contractor that did not follow thru, mehh times were not tight then, kinda getting a better deal now. Doing two shops, one is 30x36 next to the house, and a 40x60 out back with a 20x40 RV parking 3 side connected to it.
The small one is really just a garage, the bigger one is the shop of course.

I lit my shop with flourescents. 30x50 with 13' and 9' cielings. I used 9 of the 8' 2-bulb fixtures. Its lit better than a lot of shops but I want to add more. When the overhead doors are up it blocks some light so I plan to add some lengthwise between the door tracks. Commercial shops and warehouse buildings usually use HID grow lights but the cost about 30x more than flourescents and might make you look suspicious.:D