• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WITC - ARC Race 2 - April 23, 2016

Chase for the season points

5e29ae38978f07e28b420d224c039fe5.jpg

Being that I'm no longer affiliated with any series, I'm not trying to start anything, and I'm ONLY trying to understand the ARC scoring - I've got a few questions for you Ty:

Where do some of the numbers in your spreadsheet come from?
-More specifically: Where do the following numbers come from - 59.451, 69.451, and 49.035 and also 125.564 from the first race?

Just to use as a random example - how did Travis Lovett get a time on either hill from race #2 when he was in Kentucky but other people got 250 (which I am guessing means that they either were not there or did not attempt the hill)? I'm assuming it was just a mistake or is there a team rule?

Please don't take these questions the wrong way... I'm really just curious.

ATX780 said:
Being that I'm no longer affiliated with any series, I'm not trying to start anything, and I'm ONLY trying to understand the ARC scoring - I've got a few questions for you Ty:

Where do some of the numbers in your spreadsheet come from?
-More specifically: Where do the following numbers come from - 59.451, 69.451, and 49.035 and also 125.564 from the first race?

Just to use as a random example - how did Travis Lovett get a time on either hill from race #2 when he was in Kentucky but other people got 250 (which I am guessing means that they either were not there or did not attempt the hill)? I'm assuming it was just a mistake or is there a team rule?

Please don't take these questions the wrong way... I'm really just curious.

No biggie. I just pulled the info from the race 1 thread

Last year we revised and improved our scoring matrix which made the competition even tighter than ever

*** Scoring Review ***
A DNF will result in a 5 second penalty being added to the slowest completed time on that obstacle.

If you have an emergency or are unable to attend the race and want to stay in the hunt for the end of the year, you may register for the race and receive a 15 second penalty on the slowest time on that obstacle. This will result in the race field being pushed harder and harder to do well at each race, thus making it more exciting and the competition better than EVER!!!

How can that be right for them to get points when they were not even there or did not do a hill. That sounds very unfair

Elliott said:
How can that be right for them to get points when they were not even there or did not do a hill. That sounds very unfair

Unfair to who?

They paid their entry fee and wanted to keep in the hunt for the end of the year....

The first season Todd Puckett dnf' on one of the course at the first race. Cost him 30 seconds. He fought hard all year and ran consistent and finished in the top 3. ( now that same penalty would've only resulted in a 5 seconds added instead of 30 )

Just keeps the competition tighter and tighter.