• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

woodwardfab.com

D

dja410

So on woodwardfab.com they have an upright manual bender just like the trick tools nd protools one. I was just wondering if anyone on here has this bender. A freind and i are going in halfs on it. The bender runs 299$ and we were gonna buy one die. So what size die do you fab guys recomend we get what a good size all aroud tube.

It would depend on what you wanted to build.....buggy style stuff 1.5 fullsize stuff 1.75.....I bought both with my bender.

my first die was a 1.75 180* 5.5" radius, only because i was using 1.75 on my 4runner. Now i just bought a 1.5" and 1" die. to do some tubes on my buggy. Just think about the first thing you will be bending and buy a die for that project. :beer:

im gonna start out building bumpers and rock sliders easy stuff then whene i get good with it ill start doing cage work.

IF you could only have one, i'd pick the 1.75" just because everything you build would be plenty strong, where as a 1.5" might force you to build things less beefy than you would otherwise due to lack of larger dies. If i had to pick only one. i'd go beefy first, then get other dies as you go.:awesomework:

get the tightest radius you can get for the size you want. At least that is what I have found to work best for me when I didn't have very many dies.

A trick if you need to bend a 1.5 with a 1.75. Make a bend with the 1.75 tube in whatever degree the die is, cut it in half length wise, insert in die with 1.5 tube and bend away. it actuall works real well...