• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WOW Work Party Sept. 19th and 20th at Elbe

WOW is providing Lunch on Saturday and Sunday. Lets shoot for a 7:00pm Potluck Dinner Saturday Night for anyone staying. We will also do drawings each day for volunteers for each day as we realize that not everyone can work both days.

Saturday at 6 is good for us.

Last edited:
Well it looks like I will be off of 12hr shifts 9grave shift no days off) for the weekend and will finally get to meet some of you guys. What is needed as far as tools go?

We could use some BIG drills to work on the brige. WOW has purchased some 1/2inch Augers to drill through the brigde and bolt new planks on it, but we could use another large drill to run them.

We could use some BIG drills to work on the brige. WOW has purchased some 1/2inch Augers to drill through the brigde and bolt new planks on it, but we could use another large drill to run them.

I got a Bad to the bone 1/2 ridgid drill and i will bring it! if it breaks your wrist i'm not liable!!...LOL!!!:awesomework:

see ya all sat morning!!

Bring some trash bags, flat shovels for cleaning the mud off bridge decks, and tow straps to pull blowndown trees into bypass trail routes.

You mean to pull the trees out of the trail that were blocked by folks putting blowndown trees into the obsticles and adopting the old "bypasses" as the proper trail.

Whats the official way to tell if somehting legit has been fixed or blocked or if it was done by someone with their own agenda?

The busywild has become so GAY it can be run with an open diffed rig on 33s.:rolleyes:

I tend to think alot of the old holes and cuts were blocked the wrong way and the easy bypasses are now the trail.:rolleyes:

One of the blocked cuts/hills have have been crossed up with trees from the trail corrider. The one Im thinkin of has trees layin in it that still have the boundry diamonds on it.

All the good hill cuts have been blocked or bypassed.

soon it will be an extension of the "easywild":booo:

I tend to think alot of the old holes and cuts were blocked the wrong way and the easy bypasses are now the trail.:rolleyes:

Anthony & I were out on the Busywild last weekend talking about this exact thing...he pointed to a few holes that we are going open up at the work party. I don't think you will be dissapointed.

You seem to be pretty passionate about the area...will you be out there to help make this happen?

:beer:

Anthony & I were out on the Busywild last weekend talking about this exact thing...he pointed to a few holes that we are going open up at the work party. I don't think you will be dissapointed.

QUOTE]

So I had these same thoughts not too long ago when I found out that the obstacle that I almost rolled in was no longer there. I was so looking forward to trying it again and now it's gone, blocked by a bypass.
Wish I could be there to help out, going to Pick Up A Mountain instead. Put some difficulty back into the Busy please....

I walked the Busy with Nancy about a month ago. She is allowing us to open up pretty much all of the holes that have been closed by blow downs and winches. But that is under the condition that we block of many of the "easy" Illegal bypasses that have been created. I think the obstacle you almost rolled on is at the large hill on the way down. That WILL be opened back up! After this weekend, the trail should reseble what it was a few years ago. Challenging and Fun.

no, sadly it was this fun one on the way in....nice drop down into a puddle filled pit. You could either slide straight down into it and smack your rear quarter panel, or you could do like I did and slide sideways down into it - must have mud. It is now blocked by a bunch of logs- I look forward to it's return:cool:

The busywild has become so GAY it can be run with an open diffed rig on 33s.

I tend to think alot of the old holes and cuts were blocked the wrong way and the easy bypasses are now the trail.

soon it will be an extension of the "easywild"

Come help us open up some of the hard lines and close off the easy bypasses.
:awesomework:

You seem to be pretty passionate about the area...will you be out there to help make this happen?

:beer:

Sat I have a b day at noon and a wedding at 6:mad::mad::mad:

Ive tried to get out of it, but my ol lady is extra mean concerning this one.:mad:

Im game for sunday though. I can bring the wheeler.

Im happy with the direction this is going. I was getting worried about the trail getting away from its roots.:cool:

A group of us walked it last night...

Don pointed out everything that we can open back up...

Corey marked it all with tape...

There's a lot of work to be done, so if you like the Busywild(not the Easywild) and want it back, it would be great if you could lend a hand...

It's gonna be fun to wheel those lines again, just need to put in some work...

I'm heading up in the morning...

Hope to see everyone there...:awesomework: