• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wow!!!!

Brian H

What a difference rock claws make. My rc had boggers on it when i got it and they sucked. I cut every other lug out and the still sucked. The i grooved them.....still sucked. Put some rock claws on today and painted my rims and changed to a low profile outer ring today. Just got home from a friends and went out to play with it.......stuff i couldnt do before was a piece of cake. I also split the batt and resolder it and placed it in the front.

Attachments

• rc crawler 011.jpg
    rc crawler 011.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 154
  • rc crawler 012.jpg
    rc crawler 012.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 157
  • rc crawler 014.jpg
    rc crawler 014.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 152
  • rc crawler 005.jpg
    rc crawler 005.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
the battery packs on the front axle are probably the biggest improvement. That REALLY helps.

The Claws are nice too, but there are some new tires coming out and in the works that will compete nicely with the claws. One set is the HAMMERS, they are out now.

Personally I'm holding out, waiting to see what the next few months brings.

Edit: I also see your running yours backwards. Hows that working for ya? I've been toying with mine backwards as well. Not sure which I like better.

How much weight do you have in the front, it looks like you could cut the foams a bit and throw a little more weight in there to get more of a squishy foot print.

are your rims drilled to let air in and out?? they look a little balloony.
two of my frinds have claws and they clown on my Imexs. I am going for the new hammers.:awesomework:

are your rims drilled to let air in and out?? they look a little balloony.
two of my frinds have claws and they clown on my Imexs. I am going for the new hammers.:awesomework:

the battery packs on the front axle are probably the biggest improvement. That REALLY helps.

The Claws are nice too, but there are some new tires coming out and in the works that will compete nicely with the claws. One set is the HAMMERS, they are out now.

Personally I'm holding out, waiting to see what the next few months brings.

Edit: I also see your running yours backwards. Hows that working for ya? I've been toying with mine backwards as well. Not sure which I like better.

How much weight do you have in the front, it looks like you could cut the foams a bit and throw a little more weight in there to get more of a squishy foot print.

In a directional tire i think its best to run them backwards. The tread will grab better that way.My foam is cut in a side star pattern on both sides. The center part of the foam (the part in the center of the tread) is the only part that isnt cut. Ill try it out this way and if it doesnt work out as well as id like ill change them.Yes Brad my wheels are drilled in two spots. One thing i have been fighting when i climb is torch twist. I moved my links around and put a stiffer inturnal spring in the left rear as well as thicker oil but which helped but i still get it. Frustrating.:rolleyes:

Progress today is i put an r2 tranny in it and made a new skid plate. I also relinked the rear uppers. They would have been in the way and Im hoping the position i put them the torque twist when climbing will be gone.

Attachments

• brian 071.jpg
    brian 071.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 117
  • brian 072.jpg
    brian 072.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 121
  • brian 073.jpg
    brian 073.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 123
  • brian 074.jpg
    brian 074.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
So i went out today with Wheeler4x4samota and chop shop with a few of his friends and it was fun. I didnt get much play time as i keep popping drivelines. Its getting old.

You still running the stock Axial drivelines? Either Jato shafts on the stock yokes or some new Traxas replacements (I forget what they are from at the moment) will fix the problem.

I must be really lucky with my d-lines. I had the truck stuck this weekend lifting the whole chassis by one wedged tire and the drivelines never even budged

I must be really lucky with my d-lines. I had the truck stuck this weekend lifting the whole chassis by one wedged tire and the drivelines never even budged

Mine didnt really do it that bad until i got fron burn. Then they do it all the time and it really sucks. I need to go buy new drivelines today. I havent got to really see what it can doe after putting that tranny in it and relinking the rear.

I pin pointed the problem. It is the wire connection for my steering servo at the reciever or something to do with it. When i unplug it the glitching stops. When i wiggle it the light comes on and off on the speed controller. Im not sure if its the wire connection being bad or the servo yet.