• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired WTB.. Dana 44 rear axle

TreeClimber

Wanted to buy;
Dana 44 rear axle.. appropriate width for Jeep YJ / TJ style vehicle.
Prefer 5 on 5.5 lug pattern.
Will pay extra for 4.56 ratio.
With or without lockers is OK.

Will consider alternative axles, if it makes sense, such as an 8.8 or D60

Thanks.
Tony

Sounds like you want a Scout II rear axle. ~58" wide Or I think there was some Isuzu or other random rigs with 5 on 5.5. Really the only other common thing with 5 on 5.5 was CJ's

Early Bronco 9"??

What width are you looking for?

Sounds like you want a Scout II rear axle. ~58" wide Or I think there was some Isuzu or other random rigs with 5 on 5.5. Really the only other common thing with 5 on 5.5 was CJ's

Early Bronco 9"??

What width are you looking for?

Scout would be great.
As would an 86 CJ (which was relatively rare wide track)
And early CJ dana 44 from mid 70s would work with wheel spacers.
Think the Wagoneers had correct width D44s, but they're 6 lug.

Maybe a 9 inch from a Early Bronco?
Maybe a Dana 44 from a Isuzu Rodeo (also 6 lug, but with disc brakes)
Probably a few other applications out there.

edit; I guess the Nissan Titan uses the D44 also, apparently early ones are 32 spline, and current (late model) ones are 35 spline. Not sure of the lug pattern.

And I think the new JK uses a D44 of some modification. Those also may work.

Last edited:

I have a disk brake 8.8 in my yj 4:88s and a Detroit...I will sell after labor day weekend .. Im putting a 9 inch and a hp 44 in this winter ...not sure what its worth to you ..make me a offer if your interested ...im in the renton issaquah area

my coworker has a waggy 44,changed to 5 on 5.5 ,was in his YJ he changed to a 14 bolt. can get more details tuesday if your interested.located in puyallup.

It's 6 lug,he was mistaken. It's 58 and 5/8 WMS.has disk brakes.he can't remember if it's welded or has detroit.unsure of ratio.

Might be a lil late to the game but i have a D44 rear with 4.56 gears and an ARB. Haven't measured it in a while but if i remember right it may have been out of a FSJ. Passenger side offset too.... 6x5.5 lug pattern....

Might be a lil late to the game but i have a D44 rear with 4.56 gears and an ARB. Haven't measured it in a while but if i remember right it may have been out of a FSJ. Passenger side offset too.... 6x5.5 lug pattern....

Thank you, but this isn't quite what I'm looking for.

I'm still looking for one... But needs to be centered. And NOT full width.
4.56 ratio a plus. Locker a plus.
5 lug
5 on 5.5 preferred.

Bought Scout D44, complete, $125.

Now looking for D44 gears, 4.56 ratio, and / or appropriate Locker or open carrier.