• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired WTB.. Dana 44 rear axle

I have two sets of 4.56 gears out of my tj rubicon. They are on CL for $200, might split them.

Not 100 sure, but don't think these work without some finesse. I remember, Rubicons use a thick cut gear, and pretty much all the other D44s use regular cut gears. Except JKs, which are there own breed?

Might call Jantz, I'll be he makes a 'kit"

I could be wrong but I think they are standard d44 in the TJ. JK diff story.

Rubicon use thick cut gears, so, you can bolt a thick cut gear (4.56) to a low ratio carrier (3.08 , 3.54, etc).

Rubicon use 7/16 bolt holes. Normal is 3/8. So you must drill out the holes on the carrier, to fit the larger bolts. Make sure to not drill offset, and use Loctite.

Cannot drill out an ARB, as the case is hardened.

Not Mine: I have a centered rear CJ Dana 44 rear end. 55" wms to wms. 5 on 5-1/2 bolt pattern and 5 on 4-1/2 with screw in 1/2" wheel studs. It has 4:27 gears and a welded carrier and 10 inch drum brakes. It has Woody's 4x4 Alloy shafts on both sides. Came out of a running rig. Asking $375.00 or best offer. Located in Battleground, Washington. Can possibly deliver if close.

Call or text 360-6zerozero-53zerozero

Not Mine: I have a centered rear CJ Dana 44 rear end. 55" wms to wms. 5 on 5-1/2 bolt pattern and 5 on 4-1/2 with screw in 1/2" wheel studs. It has 4:27 gears and a welded carrier and 10 inch drum brakes. It has Woody's 4x4 Alloy shafts on both sides. Came out of a running rig. Asking $375.00 or best offer. Located in Battleground, Washington. Can possibly deliver if close.

Call or text 360-6zerozero-53zerozero

Thanks, but, just bought a Scout D44. Just need a locker (or might weld an open carrier up) and some 4.56 gears.

On the flip note, your axle is damn near exactly like the one I had in my 79 CJ5. It was a centered D44 with 4.27 gears, upgraded brakes, but had a Detroit and Warn shafts.

If you have time, and I can finish my new chassis in time for RRC I'll have the SII rear out of my current rig.

4.56's, mini-spool, discs. I'd give it a once over but it under a 'running', 'wheeling' rig.

If i don't finish it by RRC I'll be running it again but could be talked out of it shortly after.

Price, I don't know. Estimate what it would take you to piece the same thing together and make me an offer close.

I'll could probably have a set of roller wheels/tires under the current chassis project as well.

If you have time, and I can finish my new chassis in time for RRC I'll have the SII rear out of my current rig.

4.56's, mini-spool, discs. I'd give it a once over but it under a 'running', 'wheeling' rig.

If i don't finish it by RRC I'll be running it again but could be talked out of it shortly after.

Price, I don't know. Estimate what it would take you to piece the same thing together and make me an offer close.

I'll could probably have a set of roller wheels/tires under the current chassis project as well.

Interesting thought. I've already got the Scout II housing, and as of right now, I think I've got a lead on a full case Detroit Locker. See how it goes in the next month. Might have to re-visit this idea.

I think I have a couple D44 detroits, and some 4.88 gears if you want to go lower. And I might have a loose set of 4.56's.

I got a few things I've squirreled away for 'future', I've been meaning to corral it and let a bunch of it go as plans, time and better deals have changed.

I think I have a couple D44 detroits, and some 4.88 gears if you want to go lower. And I might have a loose set of 4.56's.

I got a few things I've squirreled away for 'future', I've been meaning to corral it and let a bunch of it go as plans, time and better deals have changed.

Price on 4.56 ?
Price on Detroit ?

Make me an offer on a Detroit and I'll dig around and find them. Pretty sure I still got the 4.88's and some 4.10's, not don't think I have any 4.56's.

I need to corral everything.....

What you doing for a front, I just unearthed a Pass drop HP D44 I built and never used. Set up for something like 62" wide with 1/2t outers. Scout long, Dodge short, which is 2" longer than Scout.

Make me an offer on a Detroit and I'll dig around and find them. Pretty sure I still got the 4.88's and some 4.10's, not don't think I have any 4.56's.

I need to corral everything.....

What you doing for a front, I just unearthed a Pass drop HP D44 I built and never used. Set up for something like 62" wide with 1/2t outers. Scout long, Dodge short, which is 2" longer than Scout.

Front is already built and installed.

Still need 4.56 D44 gears, low pinion, conventional gears (not thick cut gears, or, TJ-D44 from a Rubicon)

The Detroit would be interesting, if cheap, but I've already acquired an ARB for a D44, so, it'd have to be a good enough price that I could shelf the ARB for some future project.... but,...

realistically you should gather up all your stuff for the March Swap Meet, and recoup your investments.

So you pretty much want this **** for free..:haha: