• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired WTB Ford 8.8

UTWJ

looking to swap an 8.8 into my 98 5.9 ZJ. Ive got alot of plans for her so something already built would be ideal but not necessary. A stock 8.8 would work just as well. Thanks !!

ultimately ill be going with 5.13's so that would obviously be ideal but anything would do since I wont be swapping it in until I get an 44 for the front

What 44 are you matching this up with? The narrow ones have the small 5x4.5 bolt pattern which no real 44 has, TJ Rubi 44s don't count since they are D30s with a 44 center. If you want full width skip the 8.8 and get a 9" much stronger and way more aftermarket support.

Then you'll have a 6 lug front and 5 lug rear. Better off just finding a matching 6 lug rear. Some Rodeos and Pilots came with 6 lug D44 rears with factory disc and are dirt cheap. Or just use the matching waggy rear. You'd need spacers with the 8.8 since it's a bit over an inch narrower than your stock ZJ axle and waggys are about an inch and a half wider than that.

well im going to throw a super 88 on the rear.that will bring it back to stock width anyway. should be able to convert the 44 to a 5 lug using F-150 parts. maybe i should jsut go tons and be done with it hahaha

yeah, I just decided Im going to skip the 8.8 and swap in the Ford 9.75" ive got in the garage. Guess im going to start looking for an HP60 for the front

Ive got an 8.8 out of a 90's f150. Complete $100 in Sevierville.