• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wtb rc crawler

sh*#break

i dont know a whole lot about these things except they're real fun to play with. A friend of mine has one that he is about $500 in to and its pretty nice. He told me i should just build one from the ground up since a complete one ussually needs upgrades anyway. What are some major parts that i would want to make sure a crawler has if i buy one. Any opinions on chasis or axles or ? If anyone has a good one ready to go i have cash. 425-232-4466

i dont know a whole lot about these things except they're real fun to play with. A friend of mine has one that he is about $500 in to and its pretty nice. He told me i should just build one from the ground up since a complete one ussually needs upgrades anyway. What are some major parts that i would want to make sure a crawler has if i buy one. Any opinions on chasis or axles or ? If anyone has a good one ready to go i have cash. 425-232-4466
it depends what you want to do. I have a super mod rig for sale with clod axles, and rear steer. im looking to get more into scale crawlers here is my c/l ad. http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/tag/1086017669.html

I want something just to play around with, but i dont want something thats going to break, or have issues with binding etc. id like to get something somewhat top of the line that is adjustable or tunable that i can add on to or modify.

my .02 is get the ax-10 truck kit about $220 then get motor esc radio and receiver some better shocks and tires a good servo and you will be good to go :awesomework:

thats what i did and i'm happy with it

X2 on the AX10....you can go either way with it...scale, comp or basher. It's very versatile. A freind just bought an AX-10 with a ton of upgrades, ready to run off Ebay for @ $250.
Even if you can and like to make a bunch of your own stuff, it ends up being cheaper to buy a complete kit to use for parts, as running back and forth to the hardware store for little screws, etc....eats up more $$$ than you'd think...haha!

I priced it all out to do an artr with novak rooster w/ 55t motor, cheap 2ch. am radio and reciever, stick battery and charger, and without shipping it came to 498 bucks. thats without shock or tire upgrades, thats just to get you going. this is why I bought the one I have. I have found a few used scalers I am wanting for $400 without charger or batterys. That is why I am selling mine. so I can try the scaler scene. Mine has required a little tinkering, but nothing has broken. Most of my problems were fixed with some blue locktite. the wheels kept loosening up and so did the pinion gears. I put a dab of blue locktite fixed that issue. These things are fun no matter what kind you get. Im only afraid after having this very capable rig that the scaler will be frustrating to drive.

truck kit 209.99
battery charger 39.99
novak roster crawler and 55 turn motor 108.99
tq3 radio and receiver 30.00
good high tec servo 100.00
dig with servo 94.00
batteries 20.00 each
rear lock out's with straight axle and aluminum inner c and outer steer knuckles 94.99
good set of shocks 80.00

and you will have a comp ready rig all the rest of the stuff you can build morgan if you have any ?'s call me or pm me # 425-200-7335

truck kit 209.99
battery charger 39.99
novak roster crawler and 55 turn motor 108.99
tq3 radio and receiver 30.00
good high tec servo 100.00
dig with servo 94.00
batteries 20.00 each
rear lock out's with straight axle and aluminum inner c and outer steer knuckles 94.99
good set of shocks 80.00

and you will have a comp ready rig all the rest of the stuff you can build morgan if you have any ?'s call me or pm me # 425-200-7335

dang where are you buying your radio and reciever?

Im only afraid after having this very capable rig that the scaler will be frustrating to drive.

Nah.....the comp rigs get boring really quick, especially if your run 'em by yourself.
Scalers are just so much cooler, they look the part and when set up right, wheel like the real thing....so you find yourself choosing your lines more carefully.
Plus they just look SO rad.:beer:

true the scalers look cool, and from driving a comp i can understand how a scaler would wheel more like the real thing. I think once i get in to it ill probly build one from scratch after i know more about them.