• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired WTB Sami Transfer case

Already have 6.5:1 gears for a Sami case just have some holes on the case stripped so it leaks.

Thanks for the advice though

Re:

LowRange had some bare matched case halves awhile back, may have some luck checking their site.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Did you ever find another case? If so, is the front output housing on your old case still good?
I'm needing that housing if you want to sell.
Thanks,
Jeff 256-361-4576

Haven't found a case yet but when I do I will let you know. Front output housing is good as far as I know. It all still works it just leaks a little oil in the shop and it pisses me off.

gottagofast said:
Why not just helicoil the stripped holes

Had thought about it but the main one is the oil drain plug. Not sure if that could be helicoiled. Have you ever heard of anyone doing it?

gottagofast said:

Haven't had time to get into the shop yet and do measuring to see what plug I need but probably going to try that out. Whats the worst thing that could happen I end up having to buy a transfer case like I'm trying to do any way. :****: I'm going to try and look at it tomorrow afternoon.

gottagofast said:
Aaaaaaannnnnnnddddd? :)

Ran into more problems heads stripped out on the plug and can't get it out. We tried welding nut onto the plug and backing in out that way but didn't work.

Going to ride the Sami at Feb Jam this weekend then try to try and use an ease out to get the plug out. If that doesn't work back to just buying a case and putting those guys in ti.

Any other idea on getting the plug out?

Wow
If not for bad luck....

Turn case upside down and heat it all around the plug

Latest posts