• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WTB - Trail Rig - Budget 15k or less

buy something and a set of super duty axles and let's get building.

Luke says you can build a rig on tons and 42s for like $18 or so.

I noticed the cage, I like the quasi-exo. did you tie it through the roof to some interior tube?

I had whiskeymakin build it, but I did the tie in points. It's played through the wheel wells to a C pillar and plated to the floor at the B pillar. The B pillar bottom plate is welded to the floor and bolted through the body, body mount, and frame.
Eventually I'm adding a solid back bumper and tying it down the back as well.

I guess I should do a little build thread since it's finally doneish

buy something and a set of super duty axles and let's get building.

Luke says you can build a rig on tons and 42s for like $15

If you wanted to go this route. I could possibly sell you a nice YJ if you wanted to build something to your likings.

Thats what ive been real tempted to do. Im stuck on what transfer case would work....
That led me to finding a 2wd and mounting a divorce atlas.

i don't know about the computers on those, but I bet it's easier to fool a 2WD than a 4WD.

Thats what ive been real tempted to do. Im stuck on what transfer case would work....
That led me to finding a 2wd and mounting a divorce atlas.

fj cruiser or 5th gen 4Runner manual tcase. But that doesn't get you much crawl ratio.
I don't think the stock electric shift awd tcase is too troublesome though.

Divorced atlas is a good setup for a 2wd. What gear ratio did you go with? (Or did you mean that is what you were looking to do?)

Screenshot_20200215-200040_Facebook.jpg

Tony, thanks for that post. The Luke started a thread on that group asking for rig and has had a bunch of possible ones posted.

Have several of interest, but haven't pulled the trigger on any just yet.

I found one I like on Luke's post:

19593821-30DC-4070-83E9-31F47533F7D0.png

fj cruiser or 5th gen 4Runner manual tcase. But that doesn't get you much crawl ratio.
I don't think the stock electric shift awd tcase is too troublesome though.

Divorced atlas is a good setup for a 2wd. What gear ratio did you go with? (Or did you mean that is what you were looking to do?)
I am dreaming lol

I would probably consider selling mine, Let me know if interested

Attachments

• Buggy 7.JPG
    Buggy 7.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 143
Still have this for sale:
Price is 9500.00 obo...

Mine is still for sale and ready to go with lots of spare parts Can bring to Rush in April if it helps

Clutchee, good to know on your price reduction and that's a going rig.

Jp, appreciate that offer. How far is Rush from you?