• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WTF art!!! 3 rides 3 ring gears? Toyota

buggy68 said:
my buddys having the same issue with 410s, he broke one ring gear at wishbone last month and 2 ring gears at Harlan this past weekend. Hes running 22r on pane and 37 red stickies. Were going swap his housing out and try that because up until the last two rides hes only broke one in 2 years.

That should tell you it's a setup problem

Wish you the best with it, maybe we can hook up and ride sometime. I would like to go this weekend somewhere. Maybe Golden Mtn. or Hawk Pride, we'll see.

fatguy7814 said:
Thanks guys for chiming in. Poppy I was hoping I could find you. I'll have my diff back from East coast on Tuesday. Bought extra gears to build an extra diff just in case. The didn't find any major problems with the way mine was set up. Sidebar the we're a little deep and tight..... I wasn't running a solid spacer.....? Still not exactly sure what the issue was or if this one will hold up. But at least now it's warrantied. We will see.

Solid spacer should help. Crush sleeve just smashes in a bind

Whiten said:
The last ring gear I broke I was loading Ftoy on the trailer when POP! I wheeled 4 days at Windrock with one rear axle shaft broke at Rattle rock, Im sure the ring gear was damaged sometime in them 4 days. Im headed to Harlan in the morning with 60/14 under it now.

Well got back with no breakage, loving the tons.

welp..... After 6 day ride in Moab I'll be bringing home a broken buggy. I walked all over that dry rock until I had to ease into the throttle for a bit of momentum. Tiny slight bounce and pop!! I was praying that it was a u joint. Nope ring gear # 5. This is the perfectly built, warrantied, East Coast built 3rd. I'm done the Toyota rear! Considering a 9" or possibly an 8.8 and going from 529s to 410s. Any thoughts?

Robby, as I posted earlier my buddy kept breaking his and someone responded that it was a set up problem, and like u these were set up right but every ride he was breaking teeth off the ring gear. Finally after the 4th one I swapped the entire housing for him, since then no problems. Im not sure if the housing was warped casuing it or what but it fixed his

Latest posts