• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WTF still not starting

81toycrawler

So about a month ago I started my 91 xj h.o with 96 h.o and it ran for about 10 min and just died. I found out I lost power to the fuel pump but still had spark. Then about 5 min after that no spark. To me it sounded like i needed a cps. So I bought a new one still same thing no spark. Actually im not getting any power to the distributer or the coil plug. I checked all the grounds and still nothing. the guages also stopped working. Ive been searching for about a month on all sorts of forums hearing all the things ive checked. This is my last resort does any body know how to fix my problem or has anyone had this problem and what solved it. thank you

I used a snapon avantage to check mine.. Make sure its sending a signal... That controls alot on those rigs!

Check the ASD relay. Do a google search about ASD relays on XJs and you will get a lot of info for testing it.

Are you also having any weird lighting issues??? Check the grounds behind the left rear kick panel, pull the panel back, and you should see the grounds held on with sheetmetal screws...two of them IIRC...had these grounds come loose once on a rig, and all sorts of weird **** was happenin', incl no fuel pump, and no spark...tightened the grounds---EVERYTHING came back to life...

I had a long drawn out spark problem.It was the pick up inside of the distributer.I have alot of spare eletrical stuff we can plug and play im off saturday and local if you want a hand maybe we can figure it out.

also put new pcm on today have power to coil but only .7 volts to the distributor and i have power to my relays but they dont seem to work unless i use jumpers.....making some progress but moving backward damn

Found out oil pressure switch on 4.0 doesn't kill power on Cherokees but after more research it could be my pickup coil in the distributor will find out tomorrow