• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WTF?! Used tow rig for a decent deal, unpossible?

^^ that 5100 was money well spent. Should be a reliable rig now. I'd drive my 6.0 across the country fully loaded without thinking twice about it

It has amazing power now. The fuel mileage sucks but it sure is fun to drive, when the wife let's me. :D

I've been driving myself nuts with this! Been done ng some searching in Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma and found some good deals. Particularly on newer Fords with the 6.7 diesel. Also found some around here, well middle Montana anyway for a decent price for a newer rig. So I decided to up my price range and get something nice. So if you see a smoking deal on a 2011+ F2/350 crew cab 4x4 diesel , don't buy it for yourself let me do it! :fawkdancesmiley:

I too am looking around at diesel's.

I currently have a 1999 454 burb that I tow with and do house stuff with, but more and more I need a truck.

The prices I am seeing are stupid.

The last nine vehicles for my wife have come from around florida. Now that I want an enclosed trailer and they are so much cheaper from around Georgia and my wife wants a newer Honda CRV, I'm making a trip down to buy and trailer and load up a CRV.

I did fly into NC and pick up a dodge dually for a song and a dance and then drive it to OH and pickup a camp trailer for a good price.

Out of state works great!!! - my slogan

http://www.baysideautosales.net
These guys have a couple decent deals, too much and too high miles for me to pay cash or get a loan.

http://eastidaho.craigslist.org/ctd/5498434544.html
This is the kind of deal I'm seeing sporadically on newer Ford's. Diesel's a little bit more, I think the new trucks still have the stigma of the 6.0/6.4, even though I'm reading they are damn near as reliable as the old 7.3

. I keep going back and forth between diesel and gas. The new 6.2 gas motor covers my needs, I know a guy that has one and he loves it. But I want the diesel power i just don't want to pay to fix it! I'm going to go drive a couple of local rigs today and see what I think. :beer:

i picked up my loaded 04 sub2500 with the 8.1 for $10k LOADED
got 9mpg when i got it, fired up the laptop, moved a few 1's and 0's, now its ALOT more fun to drive and gets 13+ in town with me driving like an asshat 16+ on road trips.
original plan was a lbz swap, but unless fuel prices skyrocket and/or onen falls into my lap.

. I keep going back and forth between diesel and gas. The new 6.2 gas motor covers my needs, I know a guy that has one and he loves it. But I want the diesel power i just don't want to pay to fix it! I'm going to go drive a couple of local rigs today and see what I think. :beer:

We have 6 of the new 6.2L F250's in our fleet. They have been really reliable so far. A couple are over 100k miles and we haven't had any major repairs. They tow around a 7000lb mini exc. plus tool box & fuel cell just fine but the mileage sucks. Overall nice trucks though.

We have 6 of the new 6.2L F250's in our fleet. They have been really reliable so far. A couple are over 100k miles and we haven't had any major repairs. They tow around a 7000lb mini exc. plus tool box & fuel cell just fine but the mileage sucks. Overall nice trucks though.

I guess I was thinking of the wrong 6.2 :Bonk:

I just sold my 03 F250 v10 with a 100k on it for 11500 a month ago. I didn't think it was worth more than that. 20k is outrageous. That's what I paid for it 6 years ago with 43k on the ticker.

I just sold my 03 F250 v10 with a 100k on it for 11500 a month ago. I didn't think it was worth more than that. 20k is outrageous. That's what I paid for it 6 years ago with 43k on the ticker.
He was talking somebody wanting over 20k for an Excursion in the first post, not a truck.

Well goddamnit! That's the deal i deserve! You probably could've gotten another couple grand easy though...

He was talking somebody wanting over 20k for an Excursion in the first post, not a truck.
Truck's are the same. That bayside autos place I listed above has an 03 8.1 3500 Chevy similar to Jokenrings F250 they want I think $15.9k. Seeing similar if not more prices for big block 3/4-1 tons.

I went and drove a couple trucks yesterday. Drove an 2011 F250 6.2 and a 2014 6.7 both crew cab 4x4. They both drove really nice, the 6.2 seemed to have some balls and the 6.7 seemed to not have as many balls as 800ftlbs of torque would indicate.

I also searched for newer half tons and you can get a hell of a lot nicer half ton for the same money. :mad:

careful with bayside. My buddy is the inventory manager there. A lot of their trucks have issues. just last month alone they had one blow a trans right after the sale, and 3 lose a head gasket.

some are ok deals but youre taking a big risk.