• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

xj lift

tommyjohnston

Anyone got instructions on a 4" lift?? Ive got 2" coil front 2" spacer and out back Ive got 2" leafs and 2" shackles, 4 shocks and lower control arms. Now I know the track bar has to be adjusted and the brake lines relocated.

I don't have any instructions on an XJ lift. But it is pretty straightforward.

You will need to lengthen your brake lines. (Best way is to get front lines for a 95 YJ, they are super long). And in the rear, you will need to extend the flex hose to the axle.

You may get some rear driveline vibes, but that is an easy fix with an SYE kit.

Your tracbar should be fine. If you can afford it now, get a TNT customs track bar with a drop bracket. It is BEEFCAKE. FiFo here on the board flogs his XJ like a red headed stepchild and that TNT customs stuff works wonders.

Keep us posted on the buildup and let us know if you need any more help.

Well one problem........I live in a apartment and dont know too many people that have access to jack stands, and floor jack and a place to do it. It has crossed my mind to go to lesschwab to do it because I dont have the resources. So lets see what I can brew up.

pay someone thats near you that has access to the tools and thats willing to do it, les schwab will jew you big time.

overprice and sometimes they recommend things you dont need. use to work for them and they had a truck in that they messed up on big time. i watched them do it and IMO i wouldnt trust them.

you could bring it over to my house some weekend and we could nock it out in a couple hours, I live in puyallup

lilyota said:
you could bring it over to my house some weekend and we could nock it out in a couple hours, I live in puyallup
what was the last xj you lifted? Ive been talkin to KarlVP but that is one hell of a drive nothing against him by any means. Puyallup is 15 min from me!

Plus I need some people I could wheel with, the people I know dont really wheel that much and when they do its last minute. That does not work when you have a year old son!

start hitting all your bolts with wd-40 or some kind of penetrating lubricant so when you do go to do this the bolts might actually come off easily. what year is it?

Latest posts