• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

XRRA Gray Rock 2009! May 2nd-3rd

s10me said:
any reports on who won or any comp videos
I have video try and get it up later. Probably not very good, it's so hard to video the track because you can't see a whole lot.

Sat-
1st- Derek West
2nd- Adam Carter
3rd-Brandon Haynes

Sun-
1st- Derek West
2nd- Levi Shirley
3rd- Adam Carter

Cole said:
Lets just say the NC boys don't play. Greg already flopped his buggy over on Big Egg. Hell they have been trail riding most of the afternoon. Getting ready for the Race now.

That was a good time. Not sure that beating on our junk and then drinking beer was the right way to be preparing for a race, but oh well. My first XRRA weekend didn't go so well, but I had a blast and I'll be racing in Jellico.

Tough luck Travis, sucks you broke and with the 2 day format a hard to fix break really puts it to ya. There are a lot of really good drivers in the east series. It should be very tight at the top this year.

O'Neal you need a block of wood under the gas pedal!!

I am beat. We had a pretty good weekend for our first effort. On Saturday we had several issues to overcome and managed to finish 10th. Today the buggy worked okay, just had an issue with the rear ARB. More than anything driver error kept us from finishing well. I brushed a 2 minute penalty cone and my rear tire just caught a banner and took it out. So we 4 minutes in penalties that put us finishing 16th, without those it would have been a solid 8th place I believe. Thanks to Pat, David, Keith, and Joseph for busting there ass all weekend to keep me going and focused. Also thanks to Pops for his words of wisdom :****: See you all in Jellico.

Woodlee was there, his rig is a 4ws rig and without the 4ws he had problems getting around the tight switch back turns and so forth. I only saw 2 of his runs Sunday, but it was obvious he couldnt get the girl to turn like the Grayrock course demanded.

Stoked to see Adam get solid finish's both days good work Pops and AC !! D. West is smooth like butta... even after a night to the boobie trap Sat with Ken Blume he still came back Sunday and did work. :driving:

Levi did a great job Sunday keeping level headed and finishing 2nd place... track went away all day long with the rain and it was silly slick during the shootout , good job Levi !

kool thanks. glad to see A.C. doing good again this year. I hate to hear that about Woodlee cause that's a bad ass buggy

Travis said:
That was a good time. Not sure that beating on our junk and then drinking beer was the right way to be preparing for a race,

Ummm yeah.....didn't look to swift when I rolled and an empty silver bullet from last weekend fell out of my junk on the course!!
A damn good time though, if the wife wasn't ready to drop that baby out I'd be in all season.

I think Derek and AC could drive a pinto around the course and be competitive. They prove that driver skill plays a HUGE role in this! I have never really been impressed with Derek's rig, but good god he is fast as hell and so smooth.