• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Xtra cab buggy

DreadNeck

Decided to build a new chassis based around the rough look of an xtra cab Toyota truck. This will give good storage space behind the seats for soft goods like back packs, camping gear, snacks, etc, while still having plenty of room in the "bed" for the cell, tools, cooler, or to haul firewood back to camp. Definitely a trail rig, not a racer or bouncer. I'm a Toyota guy, so I'm thinking that's the drive train I'll shoot for, but who knows. Might even sell it, and copy it later. I just enjoy tinkering.

Thanks. It won't be a fast build, but I live in Colorado, so we don't start hitting trails until April/May. AND my favorite toy is my notcher.

I dig it! Super jealous of your tools too! I need to build a 4-seater for the family, I want to build one like yours only slightly longer on the top. Mine has lived as an Explorer, so I want to keep it Ford-ish. Maybe some '15 Mustang headlights or something.

Anyways, welcome to Hardline! Where do you hail from in Co.?

Thanks, and I'm in Loveland, CO. My current setup is a 4 seater, but the back seat is mostly just used for storage, so I thought this would make more sense. I'm planning on full skins, and a windshield with a heater so I can play in the snow a bit more comfortably. Here's what I wheel now.

https://youtu.be/ApExDGEJQvE

5BrothersFabrication said:
I can't wait to see it full of goodies and covered in panels. drool

Yeah, you and me both. Might have to part out my current rig to make that happen faster.

AdamF said:
What brand is that press brake and what's the forming capacity?

That little guy is our 5', 100 ton Iroquois. We only use it for simple brackets. The 175 ton 12 foot Cincinnati is next door.

DreadNeck said:
That little guy is our 5', 100 ton Iroquois. We only use it for simple brackets. The 175 ton 12 foot Cincinnati is next door.
I've spent many hours staring at a Cincinnati 175 ton. People underestimate the usefulness of a good press brake. I'm looking for a small one now, like your "little guy"

AdamF said:
I've spent many hours staring at a Cincinnati 175 ton. People underestimate the usefulness of a good press brake. I'm looking for a small one now, like your "little guy"

It's for sale! Don't need it now that we have the Cincinnati. $12k in Ft. Collins, CO.

Did a little trading and scraping, and ended up with a yota 3.4 and auto trans for no money out of pocket, so I'll be using it in this buggy.