• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yacolt Burn 4x4 Trail Work Party 9/27/08

hootie

Yacolt Burn 4x4 Trail Work Party 9/27/08, Results/Photos

Hey Everyone... We are finally going to see some LEGAL 4x4 trails in SW Washington. The Dept of Natural Resouces and the US Gov. are opening up the Yacolt Burns. Yacolt Burns is an area of forest east of Vancouver WA and north of Camas/Washougal Wa. It will eventually be similar to Browns Camp in the Tillimook forest and Naches in WA.

We need a HUGE SHOW OF SUPPORT<< Tell your buddies you all need to be at this event. It is a work party,,, but mostly we need you there to show the DNR that there is a large population of us and that trails are needed for us.

We will start at Jones Creek trailhead. Info on flyer below. Donuts by Woody's 4x4 and they also said they would toss merchandise out to the attendees. Work will be of your choice... a list of to do items ranging from dragging out stolen and abandon cars to picking up litter in a camp site to painting over writing on a gate or sign,, etc. You will get the opportunity to explore the forest,, maybe even in a closed area that we never get to see,,, and be with a bunch of like minded people ( 4 wheelers,, friends ).
Afterwards lunch will be provided by The Pacific Northwest 4-Wheel Drive Associaton.

Please Don't Wimp Out,, We Need this area and We Need Your Show of Support.. Flyer below.

PickuptheBurnFlyer08.jpg

Last edited:
Also 4x4 Cruise in to Benefit Yacolt Burn Trail Project

A 4x4 cruise in is planned for Sunday Oct 12 at Woody's 4x4 in Vancouver.

We also need a huge group to attend this event. The DNR will be at the event to answer questions about the new Yacolt Burn 4x4 Trail Project. We need a big turn out to show the DNR that we have a large population of 4x4 enthusiasts and that the trail system is needed.

Please also plan to attend this event and invite your friends to join you...
thanks again... Dave.

WoodysCruise-InFlyer.jpg

Street Legal? No,,

Rigs do not need to be street legal.. We have a trophy for Rock Buggies too.

Can you Come?,, Please bring friends,,, Thanks, Dave.

Regarding Jones Creek Location

Jones Creek is in the Yacolt Burn.
Here is a link to the motorcycle group that operates up there.
They have maps to get you to the Jones Creek Trail Head and maps of the system. They also have info on the DNR trail changes being proposed,, as it will also give them more Legal trails.
http://www.jctra.com/

Post Up if you can come and help

Please post up here if you are planning to come help.. Again,, We NEED You.
get some friends together and make a fun day out of it.

Thanks. Dave.

DIRECTIONS TO JONES CREEK TRAIL HEAD, Starting point

1st.. Here are Directions to the actual Trail Head at Jones Creek.

From either northbound or southbound I-5, take I-205 exit towards Vancouver, WA. Use Hwy 500 East (Exit 30-Orchards Exit). Go east on Hwy 500 to Fourth Plain (1st light) and turn right continuing on Hwy 500 East (Camas). Go 6.3 miles, turn left on 53rd St. Go 3.2 miles, turn left on Ireland Rd. Go .3 miles turn left on Lessard Rd. Continue on Lessard Road for 4 miles and follow signs to Jones Creek ORV.

2nd Here is a Link to the Jones Creek Trail Riders website. This gives information on the area as well as a trail map of the ATV and Cycle Trails.

http://jctra.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=22

Convoy From Orchards Wa

If you would prefer to follow me up there,,, I will meet anyone who wants to convoy up. it is really not that far from I-205. If you haven't been up to Yacolt Burn,, This is a great opportunity to check it out.. MEET ME AT 7:30 AM at 24 hour fitness Parking Lot.

Exit 30 off I-205. East on 500. at 1st traffic signal ( hwy500 ) 24 Hour Fitness will be just through the light and on the right. ( can see it from light at 4th Plain aka hwy 500.) I will be in gold gmc safari van. hopefully with other members of NW Wheelers gathering around. Chevron is 1/2 block away for coffee and gas. We will LEAVE 24 HR Fitness at 7:45 and will be following the same directions as posted on above posting.

Post Up with your intentions so I will know who I am waiting for.Here is my Cell Number,, you can call anytime.. I will have phone with me that morning. Dave. 360-256-1632

Who Is Coming ??

Post up if you are coming to the clean up.. I want to get an idea of how many to expect.

If you haven't decided... please consider. Also, please try to encourage your friends to come along. This should be a fun day,, PLUS, It Is Important.

We NEED Your Body for the DNR to be impressed with our user group.

Thanks again, Dave.

Need More People >> Please

getting very close to Saturday.. I am not seeing the response we need.

We have enough people to make light work of the clean up,,, but not enough to dazzle the DNR.

We need to impress the DNR this day.. show them we are out there,, encourage them to allow many miles of trails,, all that.

feel free to call me with any questions about the event or the project.
my number is 360 256 1632. Dave.

I'm tied up with a prior commitment this weekend but would really like to help in the future. Please contact me about future work parties. :awesomework:

Results of the Clean Up.. A Great Success Story

Although I did not specifically have any NW Wheelers at the clean up,, perhaps some of you visit this site and were up there under other club names.

We had an awsome turn out.. last year had 10 people got one trailer full of garbage and 6 vehicles.

This Year had 75 register at the table. got two trailers full of garbage plus two pick ups full plus my mini van 1/2 full. Plus 6 vehicles removed. DNR was not prepared for the amount of garbage we collected. With 75 people was an easy job. Also had time to paint over graffiti and paint lettering on a few gates.. Afterwards we had a nice BBQ prepared by the Moms of Darryl and Crystal Crowder of Pistons Wild Motorsports Club. Food was purchased by the Pacific Northwest 4x4 Association. Woody's 4x4 Store provided coffee and donuts in the AM and gave out some nice little prizes for some of the helpers.

Following the BBQ we were treated to a trail ride on two of the proposed trails. The trails show deffinate promise and caused one tire sidewall puncture and some body damage to Randy's fullsize 80's Bronco. Randy is from PNW4X4s.com. A nice write up and slide show is posted on his website.

It turned out great.. DNR was impressed ( I think ) and Good Will was spred in the 4x4 and Forestry groups.

Pictures on the next post. 1st are of clean up efforts, followed by a couple view shots. As I said.. more on PNW4X4s.com and Poorboyoffroad.com for those of you who bounce around the sites.

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED<<< !! For those who couldn't make it you missed a fun and important event. Plan on helping at other clean ups.. it is important. AND you can always help,, all the time,, by being a responsible user of the forest. Clean up your own messes. Encourage others to keep things clean,, pick up some extra every time you are out.. Don't tear up the forest.. and mud bog only on private land that you have permission to do so on. This will keep things open and further our work to open up more areas. The fed gov is mandated to open the forests.. lets help make sure we get some of the areas for 4x4's .. Thanks again ,, DAVE.. photos next post.

Do you have any idea when the next event might be? I had to work, I didn't hear of the event until last weekend. I'm looking forward to having something in our area.

next event.. 4x4 Cruise In at Woody's sun Oct 12

Look at the flyer for the cruise in to benefit the Yacolt burn trail project.

under events..

Cruise in is at Woody's 4x4 in Vancouver. Sunday Oct 12. all proceeds benefit the Yacolt Burn Trail Project.

Dept of Nat Resources will be there with information and surveys for the project.

We need a good turn out.. so plan to be there.

There is room for tow rigs and trailers. I will Be the DJ so it will be rockin.
Lunch is included in the registration fee. Games.. Articulation,, trophies,,, more.

Thanks again,. Dave.

Dammit how did I not see this thread earlier...I am planning to head to the cruise in to see what's up whether the truck is driving or not. I knew the DNR had been working on some stuff to get a trail or two opened down here so interested to see how I can lend a hand.