• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yakima Wa rockcrawling Comp. June 22nd-24th

I would like to say that i had a great time as along with the rest of the crew from the tri-cities! I think people took the courses for granted the first day but quickly changed their mind after I think it was 4 rings in a row BROKE! thanks go out to all of the people that put the time and effort into this event and I hope that they but on another event in the fall! On a side note the only negitive thing i would say is that JT off-road has POOR customer service! ranger mike bought a set of cromos from them and BOTH shafts broke half way through the first course! Mike went to talk to them about the POOR quality shaft that he just bought and wanted his money back! the man with JT off-road told him no way and to get bent! I have no experence with this company but after this I will not nor will any of my fellow off-roaders support this company!

Are you serious??? I'm gonna make a call right now.......

Im with jeaton, steve, jeremy, you guys put on one hell of an event!!! I enjoyed every second of it, even breaking all my axle shafts, even the cromo ones:wtf:. As for the guys at the jt booth, i was un happy with the way that i was treated, but i gues not everyone can be like bobby, Anyway, thanks again to all the guys that helped put the comp on!!! it was awesome and i will be at the next one.. . . . . . . . With high-quality axles.

First picture is of the cromo shafts that i bought from jts, and were wasted witin an hour, the second is of one of the cromos that twisted and broke inside the detroit, and the third is of all that shafts that i broke throughout the weekend.

ROCKCRAWLCOMP064.jpg

ROCKCRAWLCOMP063.jpg

ROCKCRAWLCOMP062.jpg

i agree it was a very good show i think for the first time of putting one on they all did a great job and i will be at the next one so make sure to post when were for all of us in the tri-cities. and hopefully the guys from jt make it right with mike cause i won the ring and pinion set in the raffle and don,t want to deal with a company that treats its customers like that :cool:

sorry i had the black buggy i have not changed my pic on here yet

First picture is of the cromo shafts that i bought from jts, and were wasted witin an hour, the second is of one of the cromos that twisted and broke inside the detroit, and the third is of all that shafts that i broke throughout the weekend.[/IMG]

Wow, thats lame. What brand of shafts were they? I'm pretty sure all the mfgs have warranties, its ridiculous the vendor would treat you like that.

First picture is of the cromo shafts that i bought from jts, and were wasted witin an hour, the second is of one of the cromos that twisted and broke inside the detroit, and the third is of all that shafts that i broke throughout the weekend.

Wow, thats lame. What brand of shafts were they? I'm pretty sure all the mfgs have warranties, its ridiculous the vendor would treat you like that.

Rangerboy, you need bigger axles. Seven broken ones? They obviously are too small for the combination of torque and grip you have. Looks to be D44 stuff?

Ben, I'm not so sure it's the mfgrs at fault. It may be, but I'd really wonder how big his tires are, and how small those axles are.

Tony

I'm pretty sure this is his rig

my.php

If those shafts broke easier than stockers, I think it is the mfg's fault. Really, that is up to the mfg to decide so he should contact them anyway, and also let them know how their dealer treated him. Alloy USA has a 10 year no questions asked warranty, Yukon, Superior, and WARN all have reasonable warranties too.

rangerboys axles looked to be d44 and it sure looked like the tires were 37 or 38 toyos, that's the shits with jts..... makes me worry of even running my 44 at all til i can afford a 60.

NO Excuses rig runs real well, i only saw it on sunday and it seemed to hold its own on the extreme class. glad you guys put on a good show for us, i appreciate it. I know i sure the hell wouldn't have gone through that many axles and kept on going, rangerboy you must have $ coming out all over the place or im one cheap bastard!

nice job with steve(trux) there psychotoy, not too bad at all

:signhijacked:
Rangerboy, you need bigger axles. Seven broken ones? They obviously are too small for the combination of torque and grip you have. Looks to be D44 stuff?

Ben, I'm not so sure it's the mfgrs at fault. It may be, but I'd really wonder how big his tires are, and how small those axles are.

Tony

Not to be an asshole, but who are you to be telling me what to run in my rig? The toyota guys are running way more power, with way more tourqe, and way bigger tires. yes it is a d44, 2.3lt 4cyl, 5spd, dual bw1350s. fact of the matter is chromo axles should last more than an hour.

:signhijacked:

Not to be an asshole, but who are you to be telling me what to run in my rig? The toyota guys are running way more power, with way more tourqe, and way bigger tires. yes it is a d44, 2.3lt 4cyl, 5spd, dual bw1350s. fact of the matter is chromo axles should last more than an hour.

Whether they last 5 minutes or a lifetime really isn't the question. If you can break 7 of them, then they are too weak for your usage.

Regarding you or me as an asshole, you are 100% correct in that it is NONE of my business. However once you post up the pics in a public forum you inevitably will get opinions like mine. And YES, I understand that opinions are like assholes, we all got one.....

But candidly, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful in my post... and you did just now post up that you've got dual 1350... so I'm just guessing you're geared in excess of 100 to 1 final drive?? Maybe 200 to 1 for all I know. But you didn't post up your tire size. If (and I'm suspecting you do) you have big tires at low pressure and got them bound up in that boulder field then something is going to give. Either the tire turns or the axles break. I've broke my share of axles. Just never that many, that quick.

edit... Ok, I seen the pics of your rig, and those tires don't look that large. Maybe you got a bad batch of axles from the vendor. I dunno

Last edited:
I am so glad you guys decided to come out and support our event, Rangerboy it was cool to meet you guys and everybody else in this thread sorry you broke so much stuff, we might throw another one in the fall, by that time my knee will be better and I can compete....:D

well i am glad to see everyone feels the same about the event and i am ready to head back to the yak in the fall. I think this shows that mike needs to step up to TOY AXELS! I was front digging all weekend with my 30 spline longs with 42 irocs and im at 212 to1 with no problems. If i would have broke and bobby would have been there he would not have told me to build a 60 but sorry about that heres a nother long!!! That is how it is done folks! I think all vendors can learn a thing from MR LONG!!! Still a great event!

I see my pics made it over here :cheer: thankz psycho
:awesomework:

rangerboy those axles are $hit I have a chunk of your stub I saved and the ears are still in tact but it broke where it transitions into the stub thats some BS metallurgy/poor heat treatment

img0821ab5.jpg

I burned the biz card I got from J.T :puke:

and for the Long that supposedly broke. if you upgrade to drive flanges it will strip the spilnes again, which is a failure regardless of how you call it.

I'm not downin the longs Bobby makes killer $hit but everything has it's limits.
I Will be buying the longs for my 60 :cool:

Customer service goes a long way.