• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ 999 auto transmission question

coony278

I recently bought a Jeep with the 999 trans in it. Guy I bought it from said it was built just a little over a year ago and rode very little. The Jeep has 42" tires on it and 4:88 gears,

Is the 999 trans going to hold up in this situation or do I need to find a better trans for the jeep.

The jeep has a 4.0 in it with the 999 trans and 231 with a doubler. I really like to keep everything like it is. But I dont want to throw money away on the trans if it aint going to hold. I wouldnt mind going to a manual , but really bought this jeep cause I like the automatic.

Any suggestions ?

Re: Re: YJ 999 auto transmission question

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I had pretty much the same setup in my YJ, except I was running an Atlas, and I never had an issue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Re: YJ 999 auto transmission question

I agree with Trigger. I have a 4.0 with the tf999 and a Dana 300 and have never had a problem.

That was my jeep before JP got it. I never had any issues with the trans. I think he cracked something and drove it home low on fluid and had to do a rebuild

There's nothing wrong with tf999, just do the best u can to keep it cool while your beating the hell out of it a good RV cooler and lots of air flow across it. thumb.gif