• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ Belly Pan

NotMatt

I need some inspiration... post some pictures of your crossmember/belly pan/skid plate setup on your wrangler... I want no more than an inch hanging down below the frame, and am building my own setup and cutting a lot of the floor to make it fit.

And there's 2-speed Atlas it will be protecting, so ideas on extra mounting/support for the Atlas?

I used a flat belly skid from Nth Degree on my YJ. I needed just a bit more clearance and spaced it down with 1x3x3/16" wall rectangle tube. I have a 700R and Dana 300 in my YJ and tied the two together at the trans mount. The 700R has a flat mounting spot as does the adapter. I used flat plate between the 2 and then built a mounting pad on that plate for the trans/t-case mount.

Pat at Those Guys built a very similar skid for a buddy using 3/16 T-6 (??) steel then a couple of pieces of extra angle iron welded on for add'n support. T-6 (I'm hoping this is the right term) is much harder than standard plate steel and less prone to bending. Pat should still have the CAD drawing to duplicate the belly skid if you want one.

We have built quite a few from basic flat plate and ribbing like Scott (Digger5) is talking about, to dropped for drivetrain clearance and up to being link mount skid combos. We do have the basic base and numerous side plate heights programmed to cut out at any time.

dsc01431-2.jpeg

Kinda hard to see, but this is a 1" drop for the skid/link mounts, but the Atlas II is actually mounted above the base of the frame on a separate crossmember, the whole thing mounts with the six factory holes, and six 5/8" bolts thru the sleeved frame.

dsc00687.jpg

This is more than a 1" drop, but uses the factory bolt holes and was built to have the most ground clearance possible and holds the NV4500/-t-case combo.

I like the way that looks Pat. My only concern is that my rig is pretty rusty, and the stock mounting points are pretty questionable. I think I'd cut them out and drill from top to bottom of the frame, sleeve and use long bolts all the way through, since I plan on incorporating an atlas mount/brace into the pan as well. I like the thought of building it stout enough to handle link mounts in the future, since I will also end up incorporating an anti-wrap bar mount as well and will probably end up linking at least the back of my rig in the future.

PM me with a price for something like that in raw steel with just an inch of drop below the frame, picked up. I can add the Atlas mount and anti-wrap mount myself.

I like the way that looks Pat. My only concern is that my rig is pretty rusty, and the stock mounting points are pretty questionable. I think I'd cut them out and drill from top to bottom of the frame, sleeve and use long bolts all the way through, since I plan on incorporating an atlas mount/brace into the pan as well. I like the thought of building it stout enough to handle link mounts in the future, since I will also end up incorporating an anti-wrap bar mount as well and will probably end up linking at least the back of my rig in the future.

PM me with a price for something like that in raw steel with just an inch of drop below the frame, picked up. I can add the Atlas mount and anti-wrap mount myself.

When we are building them with the possibility of links in the future, we make the side plates taller and run them up the inside of the frame, drill and sleeve the frame for bolts to go through the side as well.
I will PM both of you some prices today.

When we are building them with the possibility of links in the future, we make the side plates taller and run them up the inside of the frame, drill and sleeve the frame for bolts to go through the side as well.
I will PM both of you some prices today.

Speaking of which. I need some side plates cut. :awesomework:

Sweet. I'm just burnt out on the fabrication part right now and want to get my rig done, this is the last major piece and I just don't have the motivation to build it myself. :D