• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ front 3 or 4 link suspension ideas

jccarter1

Looking for any help with linking the front of my yj with out breaking the bank and what works the best for the money. I can can weld and fabricate just need help with what works best and where the mounts need to be located (not that great with all of the math) I live in Florence Alabama and I am open to all ideas just need to change from leaf springs due to bending springs thanks for the input

Current Specs: Dana 44 79 f-250 with waggy springs (what is left) 350 motor and trans 35inch tires crossover highsteer with hydro-assist

I did a 3 link on mine last year. There are detailed pictures in the tech and fab section. I don't know how far back down the list it is, but if you type in cj in the search tab it is the one that is listed as cj-7 link project. julio took a lot of detailed photos. I hope it can help you out.

Drews front 3 link setup works VERY well ,, heres a couple pics,,,

RBD2011012.jpg

RBD2011019.jpg

RBD2011015.jpg

DREWSJEEP8088.jpg

heres the photobucket link to ALL of em,,,,

http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv76/zukiscott/Drews%20Link%20Project/

I,ll try & find the build thread,,,I need to update it with some Harlan pics anyway ;D

Thank you so much were where your main clearance issues and are all of your 3 link bars the same Lent and the panhard bar did you have any clearance issues Also did you stretch out the wheelbase any

wheel base is 102". the uppers and lowers are close to the same. I put it where it would fit and it was close with the exhaust, but it had to be re-ran due to the 4 link in the rear. the pan hard bar was the main problem and it is a close fit using a steering box. it is parallel to the drag link and the same length, close to the diff cover, but it all fits and cycles without anything touching or rubbing. the upper link had it's own mounting and fitment issues, but it has to go kind of where it needs to and other things get shifted around to make it work. hope this helps. i'm really happy with the way it operates so far, but you know how that goes. things are still subject to change.